Sign in to follow this  
woodbutcher74

Sommerfield Tools for Wood

Anyone ever tried any of their stuff? Ran across some videos on YouTube and caught my attention. Checked out the website and looks pretty good and reasonably priced. Surprised I had never heard of them.

I've purchased some of their jigs and router bits when they sold CMT.  Great customer service.  I can't comment on the new  router bits, but all of the other products I have purchased have held up extremely well and are good quality.

Everything I've gotten from them has been top notch.  I had a problem with the first router table fence I got and they sent me a whole new one with inserts free.  Initially they told me to keep the old one, but they decided they wanted it back to show it to their supplier.  Their customer service is top notch too.  If you have a question that staff cannot answer you can expect a phone call from Mark Sommerfeld himself.

I bought their FF notcher head when it first came out but thats the only experience ive had. It was a good tool and the service was good.

They usually have a booth at the woodworking show that tours the country.  Very impressive equipment.  The router table and fence are really neat as is most of his jigs that go with it.

I would buy their bites without hesitation . I do have the setup gauge they make for all the different router bites . That works awesome , no guessing when setting up lock miters , stile and rails and 8 other profiles .

I keep having a problem with their fences.  I'm on my third one.  They are either warped or twisted.  I figure I'm having bad luck.