festool

I took a look too but I am pretty set for now on my Festool stuff. I really don't want to become a Festool fanboy and buy something just cause Festool makes it. I prefer to buy my Festool items new unless I get an amazing deal on some used stuff. I like having the warranty and usually the used price is so close to the new price so why not just spend the extra bucks and get a new tool. I also think many states require sales tax on the reconditioned tools, so this makes the tools at 10% off a wash and the ones at 20% off not worth it after paying sales tax. Again this just my opinion and many folks out there go nuts during the reconditioned sale.

Unless i misunderstood these tools come with a one year warranty and festool picks up the shipping costs in that one year as well. I saw a rotex sander @ 30% off and to me seems worth jumping for. Just my opinion though. I dont own any festool tools yet but it seems that anyone i have ever spoke to has not had any regrets. I dont see the value in all their tools though like the drills after all it is just a drill and yes they are brushless but i have an 18 volt dewalt that is 20 years old and just wont give up. It spins a drill bit or a screw how much innovation do you need to do that?

Unless i misunderstood these tools come with a one year warranty and festool picks up the shipping costs in that one year as well. I saw a rotex sander @ 30% off and to me seems worth jumping for. Just my opinion though. I dont own any festool tools yet but it seems that anyone i have ever spoke to has not had any regrets. I dont see the value in all their tools though like the drills after all it is just a drill and yes they are brushless but i have an 18 volt dewalt that is 20 years old and just wont give up. It spins a drill bit or a screw how much innovation do you need to do that?

According to the website here is the expected condition of a recondtioned tool at the 30% Discount Level - Moderately used tools. Original packaging damaged (tears, spots and dust). Comes with a one year warranty, free shipping but if you live in one of the below states you have to pay sales tax. It also comes in the classic systainer instead of the T-Loc, which may not seem like a big deal. I have both and consider the T-Loc to be a much better design than the classic systainer. Consider that with a new tool you get Festools 1+2 year warranty and also a 30 day money back guarantee. Like I said before, I have bought some used Festools but this was only because the deal was too good to pass up. I bought unused tools locally from somone that I knew at a considerable discount, more than 30%.

California

• Connecticut
  • Florida
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • Michigan
  • Minnesota
  • Nevada
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Carolina
  • Oklahoma
  • Pennsylvania
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington

I'm just getting started and have a lot of the basic tools bought already but in less expensive/quality brands. I don't even know enough to know what I don't know.

In general though, I prefer to buy quality over price, commercial over consumer. I try to not be a fanboy of anything and go with the best item that fits my needs at the time and in the future as far as I can see. Sometimes that means Harbor Freight for a tool that might get ONE use but will help the job get done much quicker and other times a commercial tool if I am going to use it a lot.

Like I said it seems like everyone loves their festool tools. I dont think I have ever heard of anyone regretting the purchase.

I may have been the first person who was not in love with their Domino. I actually sold it and bought an MFT/3 and dust collector instead, significantly more useful for me at least.