Need Someone's Expertise on Wood

I bought this end table at a Thrift Store and refinished it to resell it. Not realizing while I was doing that of what I found when I was done. It has a partial sticker on the bottom which I have come to find out is Haug Snekkeri Made in Norway. I had no idea that this could possibly be an expensive piece. I paid 2.99 for it and my luck is not that good that it could really be rosewood. But it makes me sick to think I was sanding it without this in mind if it happens to be. I have had people tell me its rosewood, teak, walnut, and Cocobolo. I have researched the company and this is what I find when looking at tables similar. Could anyone tell me what they think?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151244803030629&set=a.10151244802650629.483090.303506770628&type=3&permPage=1

This is the table before I touched it.post-14440-0-43636900-1377329114_thumb.j

This is the table after I sanded it and applied Thompsons conditioner on it.post-14440-0-24338300-1377329127_thumb.j

This is the sticker on the bottompost-14440-0-59124700-1377329138_thumb.j

It sure has the look of teak to me from the top picture but I may be wrong. It is very difficult to identify a wood from a photograph. You've made an excellent job of refinishing it and it looks superb. The bookmatching on the grain is beautiful. For 2.99 you got an absolute bargain.

Quit worrying.  From the looks of the first picture it had been abused and needed to be refinished anyway.  My own personal preference would not have been quite as bright or as red a color but that's me.  You did a nice job.  I tend to agree with Terry - it's not easy to identify from a picture but I would tend to lean away from rosewood and more toward teak.

Hey Lisa. Welcome to the forum. I tend to agree with Steve on this one, just from looking at the black grain and the red color. I have a couple questions, though. Is the bottom the same wood as the top? It obviously would be if it is solid wood, but if it is plywood/veneer, the bottom often has a different species. Second, have you given it the fingernail test? See how hard it is. If you can dent it with your fingernail, it probably isn't rosewood.

wow, nice job on the refinish!  i personally love the color of the wood/grain.  i find it to be quite stunning.  unfortunately, i can't comment on what species of wood it is, as im not all that familiar with rosewood or teak.  on a side note, doesn't this thing break the wood movement rules?  there's a panel of what appears to be solid wood wrapped with miters.  how does this work?