Anyone else feel left behind because they are not at WIA?

Orbb

Probably never gonna happen for me with the cost of Travel. As much as the show sounding cool the meet ups and beverage/grill session with like minded people sounds even more appealing  :)

Do not worry too much about missing the event.  I went a few years ago and while I did meet some interesting people, attendees and presenters, some of the class were okay, but in general I would add that the whole thing wasn’t anything more than just entertainment.

Miles.

I am only a few hours away, would have loved to go, but this is a busy time of year for me, so that wasn't going to happen.

Instead, I am taking my daughter and her friend to the American Girl Doll Store on Saturday in Chicago.  You think Festool is expensive, these things are just ridiculous!

• Like 1

It would be fun to go some time, but I can't say I feel left out...

I was toying with going...   I live in an area that's pretty rich with group learning opportunities, and I travel often on business, so I eventually ended up passing on the WIA trip.  

I'm sure a good time will be had by all!  

Too far for me. Like Graham the cost of travel is also prohibitive for me. I'll look forward to seeing videos and woodworkers accounts of it.

Same here but we've recently had the European Woodworking Show at Cressing Temple.  Difficult and probably unwise to draw comparisons, but the EWS was certainly very, very good - Rob

I really must try and attend next year (or whenever the next one is planned) Rob. Keep me in the loop if you plan on going. There are not exactly a heap of interested woodworkers from my area (apart from big David C and I'm sure thumbing a lift with him might be a bit of a strange introduction) and I would run the risk of looking a billy no mates which would make me feel a little uncomfortable. Would be nice to meet up and take a look around.

• Like 1

I really must try and attend next year (or whenever the next one is planned) Rob. Keep me in the loop if you plan on going. There are not exactly a heap of interested woodworkers from my area (apart from big David C and I'm sure thumbing a lift with him might be a bit of a strange introduction) and I would run the risk of looking a billy no mates which would make me feel a little uncomfortable. Would be nice to meet up and take a look around.

"Billy no mates"

That's a good one. :)

If I ever go, I will certainly let all know before hand! It's always more fun to go with folks you know.

As I was told by Tom today of Tomsworkbench.com, "@Chopnhack That doesn't even begin to describe how much fun it was. I really recommend attending..."

Must have been a pretty good shindig!

• Like 1

Will do Graham...there's always the Yandles show in April/Sept which is a bit closer to your neck of the woods - Rob