"Formal" Woodworking Education

The great thing of living in a major metropolitan area (for me Los Angeles area) is access to a whole bunch of schools. Close to my home (30 minutes driving) is Cerritos College so after debating about this for a long time I called up and started the paper trail to be able to enroll in January.

For those who don't know Cerritos College has an amazing program for very little money.

Classes:

1. Hand tools

2. Furniture Design.

I keep hearing about the golden ratio, positive space, negative space, rhythm ... bla bla bla.

Since this is an actual college class it will take more than a weekend and will start from scratch, probably they will teach me how to sharpen a plane, which I know but ... it never hurts to get the basics down pat.

Here is what I know. The direction where I want to go is to continue being a hybrid woodworker where the machines do the major work and the hand tools do the final piston fit.

Anybody in the Southern California/Great Los Angeles area, classes start sometime in January.

More to come ...