Baby it's cold outside!

Llama

Mel, it will take a little longer to set up and cure but my guess is that the same extreme cold that messes up the properties in the bottle would do the same during a glue up.  Now after it's hardened, I think you're fine.  May warrant a call to titebond since it's such a large and intensive project. (?) 

While in Charlotte NC, my wife wanted to go by "The Container Store".  I found a lot of different sizes of squeeze bottles that's perfect for what dustyshop does and hey, if one gets schmutzed up, it's only a couple bucks and you haven't lost much glue.

I am with Paul Marcel because in Southern California we don't really have winter. However .... in five days I am going to my piece of heaven on earth in Gunnison, CO which is the third coldest county in the US.

My shop in the cabin which is in Pitkin, CO Zip 81241 has heated floors ...

This will be the first time my wife, dogs and I go for turkey day to the cabin, this summer I installed 10" of foam insulation in the ceiling rafters and chinked the logs, we should be OK.

My neighbor told me to take snow shoes because the roads to the cabin are not maintained and they expect a huge amount of snow.

We'll see.

I hope you enjoyed Turkey Day at the cabin, Bobby!!

Hey Vic. Idropped off my bride at the airport yesterday and I have the lonely job of closing the cabin ... Also making sure no Titebond is left in the garage :)

Mary Kay and I had a wonderful Turkley Day and we got to do something different for us ... snow shoeing which was great. Our dogs loved it.

Got a long list of to does for next summer and this will be part of my woodworking life.

Nook Bench

Chairs

T&G kitchen ceiling

T&G on Guest Bedroom

Doors ...

It is super dry here in Gunnison County so I will pre mill com

ponents for my 4 doors.

Entry door - Douglas Fir I will probably make this door 2-1/4" .. because I can

Guest bedroom pocket door 36" wide - Alder

Downstairs bathroom 36" swing door - Alder

Downstairs "division" pocket door - Alder. This pocket door separates the Guest area from the living room (noise and heat)

Loft 32" pocket door.

Under the log stairs .... closet facing the guest bedroom - book case facing the living area

Fake beam wrapping some glue lam beam and will mitre this matching the grain on two faces.

Finish working on my deck rails ... this is very intense

Loft log railings and staircase

Extremely busy.

Last ... we had a nice discussion on the kitchen cabinets. I am loving walnut ... her mother insists in painting the kitchen red which I do not like. I am thinking of having a natural finish on walnut and then hinting red with a glazing technique. For the farm sink I will go full on red-ish finish.

Last ... install our antique stove we have stored in the garage for 4 years now.

Will be a busy one.

I hope you enjoyed Turkey Day at the cabin, Bobby!!

I spent the last 3 days (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) out in the shop.  Highest temp I saw (on a digital thermometer) was 40f.  And that was after I got the wood-stove going with a roaring fire.  Because the garage is unfinished/uninsulated the stove typically only raises the temps about 10f.  I bring work into the basement to glue and finish.  Do my cutting and working out in the shop.  I have a pair of insulated bibs with a jacket to match, wear some work gloves most of the time but not all.  So far the stuff I've worked on is turning out pretty good.

Hey Vic. Idropped off my bride at the airport yesterday and I have the lonely job of closing the cabin ... Also making sure no Titebond is left in the garage :)

Mary Kay and I had a wonderful Turkley Day and we got to do something different for us ... snow shoeing which was great. Our dogs loved it.

Got a long list of to does for next summer and this will be part of my woodworking life.

Nook Bench

Chairs

T&G kitchen ceiling

T&G on Guest Bedroom

Doors ...

It is super dry here in Gunnison County so I will pre mill com

ponents for my 4 doors.

Entry door - Douglas Fir I will probably make this door 2-1/4" .. because I can

Guest bedroom pocket door 36" wide - Alder

Downstairs bathroom 36" swing door - Alder

Downstairs "division" pocket door - Alder. This pocket door separates the Guest area from the living room (noise and heat)

Loft 32" pocket door.

Under the log stairs .... closet facing the guest bedroom - book case facing the living area

Fake beam wrapping some glue lam beam and will mitre this matching the grain on two faces.

Finish working on my deck rails ... this is very intense

Loft log railings and staircase

Extremely busy.

Last ... we had a nice discussion on the kitchen cabinets. I am loving walnut ... her mother insists in painting the kitchen red which I do not like. I am thinking of having a natural finish on walnut and then hinting red with a glazing technique. For the farm sink I will go full on red-ish finish.

Last ... install our antique stove we have stored in the garage for 4 years now.

Will be a busy one.

But a very rewarding one!  I'm looking forward to snow still and snow shoeing.  Here's some shots from our last trip out.  Shelby got attacked by an Akita shortly after this while walking in the back forty of our house.  It cut the season short.  She's all healed up now and ready to go! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tumblewoodcreations/sets/72157632372070194/

But a very rewarding one!  I'm looking forward to snow still and snow shoeing.  Here's some shots from our last trip out.  Shelby got attacked by an Akita shortly after this while walking in the back forty of our house.  It cut the season short.  She's all healed up now and ready to go! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tumblewoodcreations/sets/72157632372070194/

Where were you snow shoeing in those pictures?  That is not the Pasco area I remember!  Very large sage brush - Yes, Fir trees - No.

Where were you snow shoeing in those pictures?  That is not the Pasco area I remember!  Very large sage brush - Yes, Fir trees - No.

Tom, that was up in the Tollgate area.  From the Tri-Cities, up into the Blues.  Do you remember where Spout Springs is located?  It was near there.

Loving the basement shop right now.  Yesterday it got up to +3F but was in the -teens most of the day.  When I looked at the thermo about an hour ago it was -17F/-22C.  Got the house at 64F & it feels just a tad warmer in the basement.

Beautiful snowshoeing pics.  I might have to pull mine out this year.  They've been neglected for the last couple seasons unfortunately.

Vic ... you are living the dream. Those are fantastic shots. My winter experience in Colorado exploring the back country changed my whole winter sports approach. Your spot looks incredible.

• Like 1