Kev5775

Xmas gifts for grand kids.

Welcome to the forums!

Wow!  Tall order without much information.

What do they need?  What do the parents (if not you) want for them? 

Highchairs and cribs spring to mind but, not a lot of time to build.  How about a rocking chair for those wee hour rough nights?

When my twin girls were 3 I made them both toy chests to go at the end of their beds. I realized that as twins they didn't have any place that was just their own to put (hide) stuff. And mom (wife) was pretty happy that there was a place to throw all those toys that usually hang around all over the floor. Since I knew I was going to paint the boxes, but didn't want to use plywood, I ended up using some "craft panels" that they sell at Lowes so I didn't have to do any glue ups. Cheap and easy. And I used some letters from Hobby Lobby to add the finishing touch.

Yes, simple trucks, tractors, cars, pull type animals are always a hit. I built a rolling caterpillar from wood magazine for my son who is now 25. The darn thing is still a favorite with most of my nephews & neices.

I am sure the boys will enjoy anything you make and not buy :-)

I like the ornament idea.  Not much recognition from the children themselves on a first Christmas at 6 mos. old but it could easily become a tradition you build on from year to year and, when they're older, it could become something that has really built to something with meaning.

• Like 1