Are You A Member Of Lumberjocks?

lobro4

I'm on LJ too, I've found that a few people post interesting blogs/videos so I watch for them and like to look through the projects from time to time.

I haven't had a need to search for anything recently, but there's a lot of stuff there, so I can usually find something helpful if I'm trying to find something - be that a review or a project.

There's certainly not as much in the way of 'technique' and 'design', which is one thing we've got in spades here, especially in the guild.

LJ is kind of like reading a magazine - fun, easy, relatively passive entertainment.

TWW is more like taking a class - interactive, personal, much more in depth and makes you want to get out there and do it!

Ian

Today is my one year anniversary of joining Lumberjocks. http://lumberjocks.com/ So it leads me to ask how many of you here are members? It is really a different sort of site than The Wood Whisperer to be sure but it is a good place to pick up advice and see others handiwork.

I, too, am a member. Regretably, I haven't taken the time to get the most out of the site.

TWW is more like taking a class - interactive, personal, much more in depth and makes you want to get out there and do it!

Ian

I couldnt agree with you more!!! I have been here for about 1.5yrs and I have to say that Marc has been part of my inspiration since the beginning...

I"m a Lumberjock and I'm OK... one of the first wave... way back when it was small, slow and very very quiet. Still just as friendly.

Wonder how here will differ, and how much more online time/distarctions will keep me..... out of the shop - or inspired to go back in.

I'm an LJ member. I've been there for about a year and I think it's great. It's pretty cool to check out all the projects that other people have made, then be able to see their shop where they created the pieces. Posting projects and blogs is super easy, too.