what did you get yourself for x-mass?

duckkisser

so I bought myself a few toys for the shop a drill press from lee valley, a carving wheel for my angle grinder ill use that for roughing out bowls on my lathe,( don't have the amps in the shed to run a chop saw) and a new system for holding my sharpening jigs so I can sharpen my turning tools.  so what did everyone else get yourself?

I have been wanting a pin nailer for quite awhile. My wife wanted me to build her Mom a glass display case. Really wanted a PC but was at Lowes and they had a Kobalt for $69.00. 3 year no question warranty. Finished installing the glass with an hour to spare. So far no regrets. Merry Christmas to ALL.

A bottle of Bombay and a 1.5# thick cut ribeye for tomorrow night ;).  

Happy Holidays everyone!

You know, a good way to save money on Bombay around the holidays is to take a gallon of rubbing alcohol and just throw a few pine boughs from the Christmas tree in it for a week or so.  Same result. :P  My tonic likes vodka. :)

Hope y'all aren't too overhung today.  Have a Merry Christmas, woodworking friends.

(About to cash in the Lie-Nielsen gift certs I got last night...think they're open?) :D

• Like 1

Sticking with the gin theme, I got myself a bottle of Beefeater's.  I also bought myself a small dust collector, a trash can cyclone lid, hoses and clamps.  Hoping for a less dusty 2014. 

Hope everyone has a peaceful day and a Happy and Safe New Year.

Kreg setup bars, Shelf It and Hinge It jigs from Rockler, Bodger turning tools, an Incra rule and a stocked first aid kit was what was given.

Now, the hard part. $50 in vanilla Visa, and $25 each to Amazon and Highland. I really wanted an Incra miter gauge and I'm saving for a TS55 REQ. What to do, what to do...