what did you get yourself for x-mass?

duckkisser

I picked up a new Fein Multi-master. Quick change blades and a much better case than my original one. Probably keep a blade on one and the sanding head on the old one.

Hmm...I've been wanting one of these for a while now.  Hopefully the build quality hasn't slipped on this classic.  

Spent my Christmas bonus (or what Uncle Sam left me) on a Kapex, can't argue with spending found money. Hated the first one I bought long ago that was a real dud and returned it, but I decided to give it another go after other saws I looked into weren't fulfilling all my checkmarks and I talked about my issues with a Festool rep. Glad I did, this new saw versus the old one is like night and day, guess the other was a real lemon. Happy to have it but not just because of the Kapex, but because it is the final major shop purchase.

Hmm...I've been wanting one of these for a while now.  Hopefully the build quality hasn't slipped on this classic.

I got to abuse the demo model before I bought it! Seems to have a bit more power than my old one and a much easier blade change plus a much better case. The case and accessories alone total up to about half of the cost. Build quality seems to be similar to all the Fein products I have had good luck,with.

300 dollers damn wow mine came from dollar general.  when they break i throw them away and pull out a new set.  i had a expensive set and it broke bought a cheap set it broke.  so i figure ill just buy the cheap sets and when they break ill move on. 

The better course of action might be to figure out why you keep breaking them. ;)

The better course of action might be to figure out why you keep breaking them. ;)

easy enough hedge clippers, band saw, short in the cord, washing machine ect.....bought some cheap wireless ones and the battery would not stay charged for more then a hour.  finaly bought some expensive ones for the 24 hour battery time.  that pair of wireless ones year after i got them the plug that went into my ipod wore out and stopped sending signals.  wrote the company got a new plug week later ipod would not suport those wireless headphones. said they were not recognized hardware  most sets just get a short in the cord and stop sending music.  so i bought a case of cheap ones use till i break them and throw away.  

then again i use mine all day every day.  while at work in the shop, yard work, cooking, cleaning .......

eather way rick how well do they sound?

easy enough hedge clippers, band saw, short in the cord, washing machine ect.....bought some cheap wireless ones and the battery would not stay charged for more then a hour.  finaly bought some expensive ones for the 24 hour battery time.  that pair of wireless ones year after i got them the plug that went into my ipod wore out and stopped sending signals.  wrote the company got a new plug week later ipod would not suport those wireless headphones. said they were not recognized hardware  most sets just get a short in the cord and stop sending music.  so i bought a case of cheap ones use till i break them and throw away.  

then again i use mine all day every day.  while at work in the shop, yard work, cooking, cleaning .......

eather way rick how well do they sound?

The sound is exceptional and the noise reduction is total.  I had a pair of Bose that were in the same price point and I like these better.  Better sound, much better noise reduction.  I wore out the Bose from all the sweat from outside work.  The foam just disintegrated.

a spindle sander and a nice load of lumber from the mill.  I picked up a 6/4 x 14" wide x 8' long cherry board @ $3bd ft.   Not sure what I am going to do with it.  I also picked up some 8/4 catalpa for some decorative wine racks I am making as gifts.  Yeah christmas is over but there are a few people we won't see till january so i will have time to build stuff for them.  

I got to abuse the demo model before I bought it! Seems to have a bit more power than my old one and a much easier blade change plus a much better case. The case and accessories alone total up to about half of the cost. Build quality seems to be similar to all the Fein products I have had good luck,with.

Good news.  I've been looking at the different buy options on Amazon...lots of accessories!  

I like the Fein products too, thanks.