New framing square! One time Tool.

wdwerker

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the 26" version as soon as I received the email. I've been on their waiting/notification list awaiting the re-release for quite awhile. I've got their rules in 3 lengths (two Imperial and one metric) and love them. I first got them for setting my Seneca Parallel Guides for the Festool track saw guide rails, but use them often as a regular ruler. I also have the precision triangle set. And the corner clamping blocks.... And I have the stainless Paolini pocket rule also on order.

I have no will power to reject the temptation to order when it comes to Woodpeckers stuff ..

Although I do not mind spending good money on quality items, And believe that marking/measuring items should be premium. .. $200 for a square is quite a leap for me. .

Brendon, I thought the same thing. It was so hard to pull the trigger on it. Then I thought about it and realized as I'm gonna be breaking down several dozen of sheets of plywood within the next year using a tracksaw, getting a good quality square would be an invaluable investment for layout and setting up the track square before clamping down. Thinking of it that way made pulling the trigger easier. Plus you'll have it forever. It's not something you'll really every upgrade, square doesn't really have much of an upgrade path. 

• 4 months later...

So these things were supposed to ship in May.  Anyone got theirs yet?  I sent them email on 5/13 asking when they would ship.  The woman told me they would start shipping at the end of May and ship throughout the month of June.  Now I just got an email saying they expect everything to ship by the end of July.  Is this a typical experience for buying a one time tool?  Very frustrating.

This after I ordered something else from them (not a one time tool) in January that said "in stock" and received an email two weeks later saying it was backordered, and then continued receiving emails pushing back the shipping date until I finally canceled the order.

Gotta tell ya, not that impressed with my experience with Woodpecker so far.  This framing square better be out of this world.  I expect it to cook me dinner and tuck me into bed at night.   :angry:

• Like 1

Although I do not mind spending good money on quality items, And believe that marking/measuring items should be premium. .. $200 for a square is quite a leap for me. .

I feel the same way.  I have a Stanley steel framing square that is as square as I can measure it.  I have some nice Starrett combination squares in a three sizes and other quality marking/measuring devices mostly because previous employers paid for them, but for a framing square I really don't think my work will be any more or less square with a carefully checked $10 square than with a $200 square.

Besides, if a framing square is out of square it is not that hard to square one up.

I got that same email that they will all ship by July. I was hoping mine would get here before I started the base of the Roubo, as well as a vanity I'm going to be building. Woodpeckers makes great products, I love the stuff I have currently, however they may need to start under-promising and over-delivering instead of the other way around. 

In the email I got it said

"Thank you for your patience with regards to the delivery of your One Time Tool purchase of the Woodpeckers Precision Framing Squares.  You may have already received  your shipment, and if not, you will soon!  We expect that all shipments will leave our facility by the end of July.  We sincerely apologize for the long delay.  Thanks again."