drawer fronts

tad

ya I think I know what you are saying,I thought of routing 3/4 straight bit to get right depth  between drawers  then coming back with profile bit to outline both drawers. Thanks!!

Wouldn't happen to know if Marc has done this technique in any of his videos?

Expanding on Troy's idea when I have made drawers that I want the visual appearance of an equal gap all around I have cut a shallow rabbet (1/32" x 3/32" deep) on the bottom edge of the drawer front. To do this bury the tablesaw blade in a sacrificial fence so the blade is about 3/32" high. Set the blade so it protrudes 1/32" from the fence. Next run the drawer front with its face side down across the blade and you will get a very shallow rabbet.

Alternatively you can cut the rabbet by hand with a rabbeting plane.

You can then glue or screw the two drawer fronts to your drawer to give the appearance of two drawers with a gap in between them.

ya I think I know what you are saying,I thought of routing 3/4 straight bit to get right depth  between drawers  then coming back with profile bit to outline both drawers. Thanks!!

Wouldn't happen to know if Marc has done this technique in any of his videos?

You have it right. The problem with non planted fake drawers is the wider the reveal the easier it is to see that they are false. So your stuck with profiles that will fit in a narrow reveal. With planted your free to use anything.

ok thanks for input! I have been messing around out in shop with this. I tried this, I cut 3/4 dado in center of front then tried to rout with ogee bit. Starting at the dado the problem I run into was that the bearing on bit bottomed out before any profile could be routed. The next thing I tried was I went to table saw and the a 45 chamfer on dado groove both sides, then went to router table and used chamfer bit to match and routed rest of the way around. It worked if I want a chamfer look but there has to be a easier way!!! I see what you are saying about gluing on two separate profiles to front that is a option that I didn't think of. I think I might call Freud see if the have any router bits for this application.