Since signing up for Amazon Prime

pghmyn

I have purchased a case for my phone, 3M respirator, and Bessey clamp set in one week. I'm making use of my membership for sure!

I am a college student, and there is an available offer through Amazon for students to sign up for Prime for $40/year instead of the typical $80/year. I'm not sure if there are any shortcomings to it, but I haven't found any yet. Still the free 2-day shipping as usual, which is the best feature in my opinion.

So, if you are a student, or have one in your family, this is a great thing to have if you buy online anyway.

Side note, that 3M respirator is just awesome. Such a difference from the disposable cloth ones that I wold typically use. I got the medium size, and it fits perfectly for me. Took some getting used to, but 20 minutes into working with it on I practically forgot it was there.

Would that be the 6000 series respirator?

Marc once recommended one in a video. Is that the one?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MCUT86/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the respirator I purchased, with these filters:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Advanced-Particulate-Respiratory-Protection/dp/B009POHG2M/ref=pd_sim_indust_4

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon.

I love Amazon, and they hate my wallet. Well, they won't rest until it is empty. And that app is a trapp... <-- see what I did there! :)

Just grab my iPhone, and stuff just starts showing up at the door!

As for respirators, I like this one...

1392082_10202477862576019_1491746817_n.j

Not to sound snarky on both counts...

Mel, I sell a lot of different items in a lot of different categories.  Depends on the season.  November and December were all about toys.  Right now exercise stuff is good.  I sell tools, toys, small appliances, and this and that all year long...whatever has good margin and moves fast, I'll sell it.

Nick, any item you buy directly from Amazon, or an FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) third-party seller, is Prime eligible.  Which means you get free 2 day air shipping on any of those items, or overnight shipping for a small additional fee.  Plus you get all the other perks that Rick mentioned, and more benefits if you have a Kindle.

Mel,

I buy local whenever possible.  It might cost a little more but, I enjoy supporting the local small shops when I can.

I like going to a place I'm familiar and comfortable with and just getting what I need.  Unless that is a stupid price difference of course!

I can understand avoiding buying directly from Amazon if you like supporting small businesses, but the fact is, the vast majority of product sold on Amazon is sold by third party sellers...small businesses, like me. :)  Like I said in another post, you could be buying from your next door neighbor and not even know it.