How I spent the weekend driving all over the state of Maine - New Slot Mortiser!!!

Well I have been keeping an eye out for a slot mortiser for a while now. I have learned that they don't come up on the used market often up here, but when they do, they are 3phase...

That is until this weekend!!! I saw an ad posted on Craigslist in NH for a Laguna Platinum Slot Mortiser. So I jumped on it and made the purchase! I got her into the basement last night and fired her up. It was amazing! The power of a 3hp motor was hogging out 1/2" mortises with ease and did so without the ear-piercing screams of a hand-held router. This machine should really help me with smaller production runs and repeatability of quick M&T's.

Pics of the newest member of the family below.

Thanks,

NWB

post-1312-041936600 1286824757_thumb.jpg

post-1312-023474800 1286825050_thumb.jpg

Well I have been keeping an eye out for a slot mortiser for a while now. I have learned that they don't come up on the used market often up here, but when they do, they are 3phase...

That is until this weekend!!! I saw an ad posted on Craigslist in NH for a Laguna Platinum Slot Mortiser. So I jumped on it and made the purchase! I got her into the basement last night and fired her up. It was amazing! The power of a 3hp motor was hogging out 1/2" mortises with ease and did so without the ear-piercing screams of a hand-held router. This machine should really help me with smaller production runs and repeatability of quick M&T's.

Pics of the newest member of the family below.

Thanks,

NWB

Looks Fantastic!! i know you will enjoy the horzontal mortiser for I have one made by Felder and have been using it for the past five years.

I think I've seen all the videos for that slot mortiser (as an attachment for the jointer/planer combo machines). Looks really well made.

Very nice score!

I check CL out here in Phoenix and it's boooring. I stopped looking for a long time then looked earlier this week searching "HVLP" and saw the same guy in Mesa still trying to sell his CapSpray HVLP 8100. You'd think after a year he'd wonder why he gets no takers.