Looking for good drawer slides

sourdough

I am building a pantry and looking for 28 inch drawer slides that can hold 100 pounds. My problem is I can find slides from $8.00 to $200. Does anyone have either a brand or a supplier they would recommend?

Any suggestion about the amount of money one needs to spend for reasonable quality would be appreciated.

Just wanted to ask woodbutcher what kind of problems he has had with centerline?

They constantly come off the guides. I even shimmed them so the tracks were tight against drawer sides. Still fell apart. When they don't fall off they don't operate very smooth. I had used Accuride on everything before and never had a moments trouble. Called Rockler and complained, they offered to replace them but I had messed with them so much I gave up after reading the reviews and all the troubles the others had. Will never use them again.

KV, Blum and Accuride probably have it. I used to sell Accuride and they have it in their website, KV probably has this chart as well. I build some drawers that are 36" wide and went with Accuride model 3640 instead of their standard model because of the drawer width. Most people are not that particular and that is fine.

The idea is to provide a guideline ... most people don't even think about this and probably there are a bunch of drawers that rack.

Im pretty sure kv and blum a

Im pretty sure kv and blum are length plus 10" I have a blum rep coming by thurs I can ask.

I bet KV probably provides the same chart you can get at the Accuride website. KV provides also excellent slides. I never used them because my association with Salice and Accuride .... but I would never say KV is bad they have excellent quality.

An excellent point Bobby, thanks for bringing that up!! Was that for any brand or was it specific to a certain manufacturer?

I have some KV8505s that are serving in their third usage since buying them in the mid '80s.  I bought them for a built-in desk and filing system in our office, which we later did away with.  When computers came about, I built another desk and filing system reusing them.  When we added onto the house, our filing system became smaller, and now they are serving in the dog room sliding heavy drawers with gallons of shampoos and conditioners. I can slide them shut with a knudge of a knee.  Some have been serving in my first shop holding heavy tool drawers since we first got them.

I've never seen one wear out.  They're not cheap, but I like them a lot. They're hundred and fifty pounders and come in long lengths.

I do appreciate the suggestions. Ordered the KV's yesterday and they just arrived. Very pleased with that service from cabinetparts.com. (Did not pay for one day shipping.) Now we will see how they work in the pantry.

I get the feeling that bottom slides would be a good deal but could not find reasonable prices. Will look at Blum next time.

• Like 1

Great choice. At least you did not buy some cheap chinese drawer slides.

I do appreciate the suggestions. Ordered the KV's yesterday and they just arrived. Very pleased with that service from cabinetparts.com. (Did not pay for one day shipping.) Now we will see how they work in the pantry.

I get the feeling that bottom slides would be a good deal but could not find reasonable prices. Will look at Blum next time.