Why would I be seeing and smelling something burning with a new table saw?

Hello again guys.  Another newbie question for yall.  So I recently bought from Lowes a portable bosch table saw for about 600 I think.  I typically use the blade that comes with it or I'll use a finishing blade on it when I want a final clean cut on something.  
I only use pine and various scrape pine from the pile of throw-aways at a house construction site.  (great way to get free scrapes).

I haven't figured out why I sometimes see white smoke and even burnt areas on the wood.  

I pushing steady and slow.

I only have the teeth sticking up higher than the wood by a  little bit.  
My blade seems secured and straight.

But it doesn't happen alot.  I use it every weekend just about.  

So what could I be missing?

Oh,..and the motor doesn't sound like its slowing or bogging down,..I don't think it is. 

Thx for any feedback.  I would hate to ruin a great saw that is only about 2 months old. 

Blade selection and setup are key factors in how well any saw performs.  Be sure the blade is parallel to the fence within +/- 0.003" if possible.  Stock blades are notoriously poor, and many aftermarket blades are no better.  Optimize your investment, and give your saw a fighting chance with a good blade.  There are several really good blades that don't cost and arm and a leg....Freud Diablo, Irwin Marples, CMT ITK Plus, DeWalt Precision Trim, Freud Industrial, and CMT Industrial to name a few.  Keep them clean...they'll perform better for longer.  A dirty blades cuts like a dull blade, and causes premature dulling.

The ABCs of Saw Blades

Current Saw Blade Bargains