Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

I don't normally do Journals here this way but, this one might take a while so thought I'd post it as I go..

My oldest is getting married soon and requested a bed and nightstands as a wedding gift.  So starts the story.  They selected Sapele and left most of the design up to me.  I've never built a bed before so, this could prove to be interesting.

Starting with the Nightstands.

Legs come from 8/4 stock.  

hp2w.jpg

Created a template for the legs

ivjl.jpg

Rough cut on the band saw

k3kq.jpg

xmaai.jpg

Flush trimmed

1tmo.jpg

• Like 1

You know what I like about you, Kev?  You're always BUILDING something.  The rest of us?  Blah blah blah, buy some tools, make some plans, as soon as I do that I'm gonna do this...all big talk.  You?  You're BUILDING. :)

How do you like that Grizzly lathe?  Think I might start researching lathes so I can avoid building something for another couple weeks. LOL :D

Thanks Eric, I always thought that's why we have shops  ;)

Unfortunately, I can't give a great review of the lathe as I've only used it once.  My wife got me some very nice tools for it at Christmas that haven't even been out of the box yet.  It's on my short list to get to it and start learning it.

• Like 1

Probably the last installment till next weekend..  Got a bit done tho!

Panels - Had to alter the profile due to loss of thickness.  Still have the sanding to do.

8mp8.jpg

Starting the rails

5d2f.jpg

All the panel Parts

dkya.jpg

Fitting the panels - Glue up

k20p.jpg

And the obligatory Mel shot..

3av6.jpg

• Like 2