Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

Nice job Kev! I was going to say the same thing Eric said about how your always building! Where did you source your lumber from? 

Came from Windsor in Bellingham.

Drive's me nuts to not have a project of some sort..  The paying kind are better but, I take what I can get.

Build looks great and I am enjoying the indirect shop tour. You have a really great setup with lots of personalized touches. Like the bench and the out feed table with the t-tracks.

Thanks Chris!  I spent a fair amount of time figuring out what I wanted.  In the case of that OF table, that's the second one I've built to incorporate some of the features I found lacking in the first one.

I did post some pics of the shop in the shop section. 

You know what I really like about this build? Being jealous of how well kept your space is DURING the project...let alone how nice the project is coming along itself.

Hmm..  Maybe I should take some shop "during" pics.. ;)   I admit that I do tend to clean up a bit before snapping pics.

• Like 2

I think we all try to put a good face on pictures. I am always trying to eliminate glare and distracting clutter in the back ground of shop pictures. I almost always crop the pictures to emphasize the key elements.

Don't look behind the curtains ! You might see things best left un-observed ......

• Like 1

Well, not much in the background of this one...  I don't think.....

Been a bit of a busy week at work but, did find enough time to get the panels out of clamps and trim them..  Then set the legs in place to see what it looked like..  Considering a bit of a curve in the bottom??  Opinions??

cjv9.jpg

If you mean cutting a curve in the bottom rail, I think it would look too thin.

Nice flooring, by the way.

Would be a very subtle curve so as to not lose too much thickness there.

The floor is fake...lol  Used to be a recording studio so, those are stick down tiles to protect the low pile carpet and allow me to sweep up easily.

The thinnest part with the curve should equal the width of the frame on the other 3 sides. If you don't have any extra width to do this then at least be very subtle with whatever curve you decide to use. Cut the curve in a scrap of 1/4 ply and lay it on top of the panel to get a good look before you commit to cutting.

• Like 2

The thinnest part with the curve should equal the width of the frame on the other 3 sides. If you don't have any extra width to do this then at least be very subtle with whatever curve you decide to use. Cut the curve in a scrap of 1/4 ply and lay it on top of the panel to get a good look before you commit to cutting.

I agree with this. The curve will look good, if there is enough width.

Absolutely!  If I go this way, I'll create a template so that all 4 are the same.  I also have enough extra room in the rails and stiles to trim them down if needed so, could pull that off.  Great suggestion!

Absolutely!  If I go this way, I'll create a template so that all 4 are the same.  I also have enough extra room in the rails and stiles to trim them down if needed so, could pull that off.  Great suggestion!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the end.

This is good advice all around! It's one of those design elements that are commonly overlooked. Thanks for adding this info.

Got the panels fit to the legs (Thanks Domino!) and dry fit so I could have a little different look..  Still deciding if I want a curve in the bottom????  I have plenty of material to trim if needed to meet Steve's suggestion.

hlmu.jpg