Bed and Nightstands

..Kev

You silly bitches, I didn't order that crap! haha

I got home from an overnight shift last night and thought I'd twist some nips on the forum. :)

Tiods, as for the curve, the side view of the table with the legs looks very square to me. I assume we are looking dead on at the curve on the legs. I would probably introduce the most subtle and slight curve to the bottom rail, and a slight taper to the leg under the panel, like so slight as a 1/4"-1/2" to soften the appearance. 

• Like 1

Well, as I continue to contemplate that curve, I went ahead and built the face frames..  As it would have to have the same curve as well, I figured it would be better to have it ready to go when I made the final decision.   Not much to see but, it is progress..

ub56.jpg

I would have to agree with Freddie, slight curve on the inside part of the leg and small taper on the side of the leg that is straight. If you have a rasp I would use that to introduce a slight curve on the inside part the leg, the side that is toward the panel. Not sure if what I said makes any sense. Sometimes its hard visualize what some is trying to say. 

I understand what you're saying about the leg..  I think things will be a bit clearer later tonight when I get the dominos cut for the face frame.  Then, it will look a bit more like a nightstand instead of just one side.

I like the suggestion, I just need to think it thru. 

I like curves. :)  I'd probably go with Freddie's suggestion because it's hard for me to resist putting curves in almost everything.  But I assume you'll at least be rounding over or chamfering the legs, and that will soften up the rigidity of the straight lines a bit.

I like curves. :)  I'd probably go with Freddie's suggestion because it's hard for me to resist putting curves in almost everything.  But I assume you'll at least be rounding over or chamfering the legs, and that will soften up the rigidity of the straight lines a bit.

Yes..  Most everything gets rounded over..  Just have to do all the joinery first.

Here's a dry fit with most of the pieces in place..  All the outer edges get rounded over and it still needs a lot more sanding.  Thought this might help some to see where I was looking at that small curve in the bottom stile on the side.  A bit easier to see with all 4 legs in place.

0lan.jpg

• Like 1