adamnolen

Logo Contest. Win a pen.

Hey Adam,

Not a bad idea. But I can promise you won't get takers unless you post a photo of your pens in the blog post. ;)

Just helping out. hope you get some great ideas.

Guest Trace

My sign is simply a 48" diameter saw blade with a rectangular 24"x96" board stating "Uncle Steve's Sawdust Factory" in raised letters. There is a 1" border around the perimeter of the back board. The sign, except for the letters and border, is made from 3/4" marine plywood. The simulated blade tips are from 1/4" marine ply, painted silver. The back board is white, the raised letters are from reclaimed oak siding 100 years old. They are naturally black, highlighted by routing a 1/4" bevel around the edges, then sprayed with a sealer coat. The border is Hunter green. It hangs on the side of the shop, in the weather, and does its job well. I get asked where I got the saw blade a lot. People are always suprised when they find that it is made of plywood. I"m not very good at posting photos, or there would be one of the sign. I will post an e-mail of it soon.

Is it going on a website or being made into a physical sign to hang on the wall or where ever? because if so that rules out a big majority of design elements that are simply not possible in physical form.

How about a naked, screaming, horned Viking coming down out of the sky with a saw in one hand and a tree in the other ala Frank Frazetta.

HAHAHA! Good one Rick.

Maybe put Schwartz's face on it.

Or Marc's. :blink: