Cutting board help

I am trying to make a cutting board for a friend. They requested a Mickey Mouse one. I decided to make a 1/8" hardboard pattern of the Mickey front silhouette. I will then attach the pattern to the board and use a pattern bit on the router to get Mickey the right size and shape. I then want to put a contrasting colored wood on the outside of Mickey to make the final shape of the board a rectangle. How would I go about doing this to get a good fit between Mickey and the outer board?

What Kiki is saying use the above "Router Bushing Set" with your pattern to cut your outer rectangle wood with a cutout in the middle the shape of Mickey. 

But the set above doesn't come with a bit, so I would go with something like this ....Router Inlay Router Bit Set  http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001391/1633/Whiteside-9500-Solid-Brass-Router-Inlay-Router-Bit-Set.aspx

But with both the Bit will not cut all the way through the board, so you will have to finish with a Scroll saw, jig saw, band saw.