Help needed for Cherry Plywood Finish

Hi all - Making 2 bookcases out of Cherry Plywood, and I'm using solid Cherry for the face frame and shelf fronts.  The sides of the top and bottom pieces have cherry veneer tape to cover up the ply's as well.  I usually work with walnut and use an oil/varnish blend but with the Cherry I realize that matching up the solid wood/plywood/veneer tape is gonna be extremely hard, let alone once the Cherry darkens over time.   I would like to blend everything together as best as possible, which leads me to believe I should be using a stain.  What do you all suggest? Sanding sealer, stain, oil/varnish?   Would using a dye be better than a stain?  Much appreciative for any help! - Michael

These cherry bookcases are made with cherry and cherry ply.  I like to give cherry a coat of Watco Cherry Danish Oil which darkens and reddens both the solid and the ply fairly evenly followed by a few coats of Waterlox.  This combo ages very well.  The backs are luan ply and the color varies from the cherry.

post-206-0-88039900-1399625433_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-20843100-1399625454_thumb.jpg