Movies that feature woodworking?

Doesn't his older brother die as a result of an accident from using that table saw?  Big sawmill saw too.  We don't want to watch that!   :lol:     

I guess it's a movie based on a true story.

His older brother died as a result of an accident at a sawmill he worked at.  

Gone in 60 seconds.

The bad guy was very passionate about WW and killing.

Raymond Calitri, street name of "the Carpenter," calls wood warm and metal cold.  Mostly craftsman style furniture.  Actor (Christopher Eccleston) later took the role of Dr. Who.

As for TV shows, new series on AMC by the name of Hell On Wheels has a couple of moments talking about carpenters, including building (mostly assembling on screen) a windmill.  (Happens to show a close-up on some of the mechanisms behind the pump function in Season 3 - available on Netflix - , tying in to this month's whirlygig challenge.)

The Witness, with Harrison Ford featured a lot of woodworking on an Amish farm.  He fixed a bird or bat house that he knocked down, and helped build a barn.

High Crimes, with Jim Caviezel in a professional woodworking shop....  (Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman)

Both excellent movies, BTW.

The Witness, with Harrison Ford featured a lot of woodworking on an Amish farm.  He fixed a bird or bat house that he knocked down, and helped build a barn.

That's a good movie - thanks for recommending it.  That's not a bat house - bat houses have opening on the bottom.  That's a house for martins, I'm pretty sure.

Breaking Bad - Series Finale

Adam Carolla has a new crowd funded movie coming out called Road Hard. Nick Offerman's (Parks and Rec) woodshop will be featured in the movie.

Parks and Recreation. Nick Offerman's character's woodworking is often featured in the show.

(since you can tell I'm a fan...check out his book, 'Paddle your own Canoe'.)

• 4 weeks later...

Season 4 of Dexter features John Lithgow as a Serial Killer who also builds houses for the poor in his spare time.

There is one episode about 6 weeks into the season where Lithgow cuts down a tree and uses hand tools to cut up the tree and even a hand plane to plane the boards down before finally building a coffin. I think the handplane was an LN #4.

• 7 years later...

Even though this is an old thread I'll add one more to the mix - there's a Christian movie WWJD II, The Woodcarver that has much of the movie set in a woodshop and/or talking about wood and carving.  There are a few woodworking errors in the movie but only woodworkers will see these.  And they are actually doing woodworking, not just showing tools and finished pieces.  We have the DVD and the behind the scenes bonus feature is pretty good, too.

• Like 1