Christmas LIst

Renzo

For the past three years I've emailed a list of items with links to web pages, prices and short descriptions of each item. I include items from $1.29 to $3,500 and rank each in order of preference.

Doesn't work.

i did get a $50 woodcraft gift card one year. It was from my mother, bless her heart. She didn't even get my emails.

Maybe this year I'll just ask for gift cards from everyone.

Im just asking for gift cards again seems to work 90% of the time the other 10% is people who think they have a clue when really they have no idea, to quote one person from last year who will remain nameless....

"I know you are into woodworking so I picked these up for you better than a gift card"

So I get all excited thinking Woohoo new tool only to come down like I had been slapped with a wet fish to find a set of 4 bargain bin pipe wrenches :blink: that still had the price stick up top right which read 2 for $5 and am left scratching my head wondering what exactly he thinks I would do with pipe wrenches while wood working????

Yeah yeah I know thought that counts I gracefully said Thanks these will come in handy but damn man I just wish people would stop trying to be "Helpful" and just admit to themselves they have no Idea what I am wanting and just buy me a gift card so I can pick it out myself or just buy me nothing because honestly I dont think there has been one gift that was bought with the intent of helping me wood work by people who have no clue about wood working that I have actually used.

Hell ive even said just buy me F style clamps dont even care what size eventually Ill find a use for them so this year im going to try again...

Clamps or gift cards Fingers crossed :lol:

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. I have all of the tools I need. I have a boat and a tractor, a big lawn mower (and a very big lawn), and more stuff than I can keep track of. Both of our Black Labs died this year, so WE are getting two Golden Retriever puppys for Christmas. I did ask for a good set of drill bits for one of the Hanukkah gifts. (Mixed marriage) She will get more Kosher Cook books.

Guest Mahoganus

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year. I have all of the tools I need. I have a boat and a tractor, a big lawn mower (and a very big lawn), and more stuff than I can keep track of. Both of our Black Labs died this year, so WE are getting two Golden Retriever puppys for Christmas. I did ask for a good set of drill bits for one of the Hanukkah gifts. (Mixed marriage) She will get more Kosher Cook books.

Man that sucks, sorry ,, why both in the same year,, natural causes? I get attached to my pets as if they were my kids.

Hi

Yeah that does suck. People who don't have pets don't understand the bond you develop with them.

We have two Jack Russell's. One eleven and one twelve. Our eleven year old boy is just fine but our girl has diabetes and cushings, and recently went blind. So far she has a good quality of life so we're happy giving her insulin and eyedrops. But the day we have to make that horrible decision isn't far down the road. It's never easy.

Btw.. not that this has anything to do with the topic, but I had to reply :)

Oh and that sounds like a better Christmas give than any tool any day :)

Man that sucks, sorry ,, why both in the same year,, natural causes? I get attached to my pets as if they were my kids.

Moose and Buckley were two from the same litter of ten. All ten were black as the proverbial Ace of Spades. Moose was the biggest and Buckley was in the middle. They were 8 weeks old when we got them, and would have been 11 the 27th of December. Both were big even for Labs. They were never apart in their entire lives. Buckley died after being operated on to find out why he was dragging one leg. They found hemosarcoma, and could not get the bleeding stopped. So we had him put down. It was not the fault of the vet, one of my woodworking pals. Moose died 6 months to the day later. I found him laying on the floor in the kitchen, in his favorite spot. I know that this is off the subject, and I appreciate the chance to honor my helper dogs.

Moose and Buckley were two from the same litter of ten. All ten were black as the proverbial Ace of Spades. Moose was the biggest and Buckley was in the middle. They were 8 weeks old when we got them, and would have been 11 the 27th of December. Both were big even for Labs. They were never apart in their entire lives. Buckley died after being operated on to find out why he was dragging one leg. They found hemosarcoma, and could not get the bleeding stopped. So we had him put down. It was not the fault of the vet, one of my woodworking pals. Moose died 6 months to the day later. I found him laying on the floor in the kitchen, in his favorite spot. I know that this is off the subject, and I appreciate the chance to honor my helper dogs.

We have three mixed breed dogs. The oldest, a border collie mix, is 15 and still doing well on her Deramaxx and some narcotic.

She sleeps so deep, that I have to stop and watch a bit before I realize she's still breathing. I'm thinking she'll make it through the winter, cause she has always done better when it's cold. The other two are Shelby and Zoe, both Blue Heeler mixes. Both crazy. Shelby is the big protector of the family and property. Before these girls, I had Coco, who was a German Shorthair/Lab mix that lived to 16. She was the big love of my life. Still miss her. Sorry for your loss, Trace. Enjoy those pups!!

Guest Mahoganus

Thanks, Im happy they got to live a full and happy life.

You guys are makin me all weepy. It's been 2 years since I had to take Raven, my wife's black and tan Doberman to be put down. Hardest thing I've ever done, hands down.

We've got 2 Dobermans now, red female (Aurora) and a black and tan rescue male named Blaze. Both are 4 years old now and our only children.

Heh, and people wonder why I hate Michael Vick so much.

Anyway, thanks for the post, I'm sure you'll love your presents. :)

Save the digits!

-Al

For the past three years I've emailed a list of items with links to web pages, prices and short descriptions of each item. I include items from $1.29 to $3,500 and rank each in order of preference.

Doesn't work.

i did get a $50 woodcraft gift card one year. It was from my mother, bless her heart. She didn't even get my emails.

Maybe this year I'll just ask for gift cards from everyone.

Last year, I did something like you mention above and got three of several of the items on my list. :blink:

This year I am going the universal wish list route, so I don't have to spend a day exchanging gifts.

Sorry, got distracted when the subject of dogs came up. I don't actually have a wish list. It's just myself and Sylvia, so we just get what we want or need when we want or need it. Sylvia DOES have an Amazon "wish list", only because she likes to have something to unwrap.