Out Feed / Assembly Table

Chet

Welcome to the forums!  Looks super nice!

Just curious..  Even tho you lowered by a 1/16th, I notice that you didn't route slots for your miter.  Is this an oversight or on purpose?  Also, what did you finish with?  I like the way it looks!

I don't position the table right against the saw, its about 12 inches away.  Partially because of the lower dust collection hose and partially because this distance with everything I have done so far seems to be working.  I am really trying to avoid the miter slots because I am using it as an assembly table also.  The finish is an ACE hardware brand water base Gloss Poly.  I have been wanting to try some of the water based finishes and I figured this was a safe project to try it on.  I was actually pretty happy with how it went on.

Very nice! I need to make an outfeed table and assembly table for my new shop...but first have to get the shop done!

I put my SawStop together last weekend and fired it up but have yet to make a cut. Once I get lights in the shop I want to make sure everything is aligned before testing it out. 

Great lookin outfeed table. Drawers look pretty cool.

Very nice! I need to make an outfeed table and assembly table for my new shop...but first have to get the shop done!

I put my SawStop together last weekend and fired it up but have yet to make a cut. Once I get lights in the shop I want to make sure everything is aligned before testing it out. 

Mike, once you get that shop finished, they won't be able to pry your butt out for a month :D

Good on ya! (I don't know where I heard that, but I like it)

• 6 months later...

WHY PM???????????? WE ALL WANT DETAILS!!! ;)THAT TABLE IS NICE!!!

Share share share...I wanna I wanna :)

OK, in a nut shell.   I did this design basically out of my head. The way I designed it was I bought the casters that I wanted to use and then subtracted the height of the casters from the height of the table that I wanted to achieve. Other then the legs which are fir 2 X 6 glued and then I ran them through the joiner to size, it is pretty much 1/2 inch baltic birch. I want to say I used 4 pieces of 5' X 5' ply. The top is 32 X 48 but ended up being 33 X 49 inches because I trimmed it out with some scrape pieces and then rounded the edges, that way even if I was working with something that was real floppy, once it hit the rounded edge it will still slide up onto the table. There is a piece that runs length wise down the middle and side to side down the middle that were 7 1/2 high. this created the "sort of " torsion box strength to my design and also the four cubby areas for tools and other stuff I would rather not have in my way during assembly.  The cubby cut out is 5 1/2 inches by 16 inches. The bottom piece on the torsion box is 1 piece of 1/2 ply 32" X 48" but the top is is 2 pieces thick its real strong, solid and flat. I ran a dado down the center and side to side on the bottom and bottom piece of the top to except the cross members mentioned above. The back is dadoed into the legs and the side stretchers are rabbits because I wanted the sides flush for the drawer slides.  The drawer slides are full extension with a 150 pound capacity. As mentioned in my original post the casters are nice because when you lock them it keeps them from rolling and also from swiveling. I got them at my Ace hardware for $15 each which was half the price for the exact same ones at my local Woodcraft.

• Like 1