Are all T Tracks the same?

bushwacked

They all function the same way.

The problem is that they don't all accept the same size bolt head.  

I haven't tried the Kreig ones so, not sure what size they accept.  I have ordered a fair share of the Rockler kits and am super happy with the amount of bolts and knobs come in a kit.  I seem to always have plenty around when I need one for a jig. 

They are not the same, because they are made for use with different things.  Some use regular hex head nuts of either 1/4", 5/16" or 3/8", some use t- Bolts.  Some can use more than one.  So at a minimum you need to keep track of what kind of bolt you are using and make sure the tracks you get will use that bolt.

ok, if they are all slightly different, which track is the best? I'm leaving best open here, because everyone has different needs...

I see that Steve has a preference for a particular Kreig track but, for the most part, they all work the same so "best" really doesn't come into it.

I like the Rockler kits because of the extra stuff they come with.  I also like that they have predrilled and countersunk holes which some brands don't.

For my router table, I went with Woodpecker.  The reason being is that I like their combination t-track/miter slot.   My old router table used t-track from Incra.  Both brands accept 1/4" 20 bolts heads as well.  For me, that is the priority, is that it fits a standard bolt head.  Most brands do.

• Like 1

Whenever you can get multiple uses out of the T track, that's a good thing!

I don't need my miter gauge to slide in any of my T track and preferred the thinner "toilet" bolts so, that's another reason I went with the Rockler track.

If the Kreigs work for you, awesome!  Go for it!