Wood talk online podcast

As "user friendly" as Apple lovers insist Apple software is, I have more trouble with my iTunes than all of my Microsoft and Android tech combined...three computers, a phone and a Kindle all work fine almost always and make sense.  But I go to mess around with my iTunes and it's reliably frustrating and confusing.

Yep, I totally agree. I'm not so sure that this isn't by design when using iTunes on any MS based computer....

I'm a PC user through and through. I only have an iPhone because when I bought it, it was best of class. I wish I'd waited 6 months and got an Android. iTunes is a complete mess of a user interface. I hate it. It's slow. It's buggy if you're on a 64bit platform. Painful. My next phone will not be an iPhone.

My comment is only about pod cruncher. I have only ever had two issues with my phone and Apple systems. Both dealt with the triple redundant synchronization and resulted in zero lost data. This after decades of buggy PC. I think too much relies on the programs you run to truly fault a whole computing device.

As "user friendly" as Apple lovers insist Apple software is, I have more trouble with my iTunes than all of my Microsoft and Android tech combined...three computers, a phone and a Kindle all work fine almost always and make sense.  But I go to mess around with my iTunes and it's reliably frustrating and confusing.

You must be used to poor design idioms in software.

Homeostasis is a major factor in the opinion people have about technology. When something is different, people tend to key in on perceived flaws instead of improvements while ignoring flaws that they are used to in whatever they were using previously. Few major technology products make it to market that are objectively bad, but some have a much stronger focus on design, quality, and user experience than others.

Hmmm...someone should translate that for me so I know whether or not to be offended. :)

I'm not a tech nerd, so my complaints stem solely from ease of use issues.  MS and Android just seem to make sense when I look at their programs for the first time.  Where to click to do this or that is usually pretty obvious.  Apple tends to confuse me.  Granted, I've spent way more time staring at Windows, but when I hear people claim that Apple is the king of user friendliness, I have to wonder where that comes from.

I support Microsoft products for a living. I bit the bullet recently and bought an Apple Macbook to go with all the other Apple products I have. It's great and I can still run Windows applications on it with Parallels desktop.

Did I ever say I dislike Microsoft products? Good job they are buggy otherwise I'd be out of a job. Long live M$

Back to the forum topic. You probably know you can listen directly to all the podcasts, or download them, from the woodtalk website.

They are buggy, no question.  I've been on a lucky streak the last few years and haven't had issues...but I'm not holding my breath.  We've gone through many, many PCs in this house.  Fortunately, they're cheap.

The positive side of MS for me is that, until they crash, they're easy to use.  It seems that a Mac will run forever but you have to be a rocket scientist to use it.  That's my experience anyway...and I'm semi-computer challenged (even though I make my living on the internet), so my opinion doesn't mean much.