WTB: router for a router table

Juicegoose

Hey Adam, you may want to remove your phone number and give that kind of info via PM. I'd say most all of the folks here are good people, but I know a few personally that could/would do some bad stuff with a phone number. Especially a cell number. Just sayin..... :angry:

There`s gotta be a lot of good prices on routers coming up for Black Friday. Would you be better to pick up a router with full warranty near to where you live?

I see Woodcraft sent me an email with Porter Cable routers on sale. Then again, if you have lots of room on your credit card a Festool might be in your future. (Don`t we all wish for that?)

Gotta add the point that if you purchase through Amazon.com that Marc gets something back from them without your price being inflated. This is definitely going to influence my next purchase.

Hmmm did not even think that route. Thanks for the heads up. You know as much as I think Festool is great there is no way I'd take a router that expensive and hide it under a router table. I think the feature set that festool offers is best used for handheld operations. Don't get me wrong if I owned one that bad boy would be a hood ornament!!

Hmmm did not even think that route. Thanks for the heads up. You know as much as I think Festool is great there is no way I'd take a router that expensive and hide it under a router table. I think the feature set that festool offers is best used for handheld operations. Don't get me wrong if I owned one that bad boy would be a hood ornament!!

Thing about Festool routers is that they aren't the easiest to get under a table. Plunge routers are kinda awkward down there unless they are made for table use (like the Triton) and nobody makes plates for mounting them.

The CMS table is supposed to come out next year and it has a nice sliding fence, etc. and mounts Festool routers with ease (uhm, the CMS is from Festool, go figure). It'll likely cost your next child, but since it's being released early next year, you'd have time to work on it ;)

For a standard router lift, I'd recommend either the 2 HP Bosch or PC or the 3 HP PC or Milwaukee. I'm about to purchase a new router former new lift, and I'm going with the 3 HP Milwaukee.

Besides black Friday sales, I'd also suggest you look On Amazon for factory refurbished. They're almost always Just as good as new with a decent savings.

I ended up stumbling on a return at my local Home depot over the weekend. Someone had bought a Porter cable 892 router(2 1/4" fix base with above table adjustability)and basically took the collets, wrench, and clear base and returned the tool. They had it marked down from 189 to 141 but after talking with the sales guy about the missing parts I got it for 100 out the door. can't beat the price and I didn't really need the parts as it's going in a table and I already own a 690 series. Muahahah got to love the deals.