Loving me some Rockler right now!!

So as some of you know I was picking up a shop vac this weekend. I went to rockler store since I have never been to one before and wanted to see first hand what the Fein turbo looked like and how it felt. After 30 mins of tinkering I decided to get the turbo 2 for $399. I was happy and it seemed like a great little vac. Walked to the register and was pulling out my money to pay and the guy was like ... You like Fein? And I said it seems like a good vac. He said you want a sweet deal? I was like sure ... What 20% off? He smiled and said no ... A CT 36. I was like well I can't afford that and he smiled ... 50% off how does that sound? I tried to contain my excitement while screaming sold sold sold.

I asked if he was getting rid of anything else and he said a mft table .. I said I couldn't afford both ... He said how about 50% off ... Once again sold sold sold!!

So for $650 I walked with all this ...

Ct36 and 5 pack of bags (it only came with the bigger hose so I'll need an adapter or the new hose for it to fit my tools)

Mft and the router? Track setup as well.

7cae57bb78c2175d0bc8f02ef7841f4b.jpg

I hate you.

I thought Rockler lost Festool? They have nothing at my local store. Maybe that's why they were discounted. Are they demo machines?

They did lose festool. These were the last 2 pieces of festool in the the store.

The vac was used in their classes at the store and so was the mft. The mft only has a few cut lines in it which is nice and the CT looks brand new just a little dusty

Well to the victor go the spoils. Congrats on a super-rare great deal on Festool kit. You and Mike should get together and celebrate being the only two people on the planet to have ever done it.

Ya I think we should

I was talking with the guy and all the guys at the store took first dibs and almost all of it. And I was only a couple weeks late to getting their kapex at 35% off.

Happened recently.  I was told that Rockler broke the contract by discounting items before the start date on a promotion...and other stuff.  I can't imagine that anyone's margins on Festool are very good, but it surely got people in the door.

My biggest Rockler complaint is that they stopped mailing out the 20% off one item coupons.  I go MUCH less often now than I did before.

Happened recently. I was told that Rockler broke the contract by discounting items before the start date on a promotion...and other stuff. I can't imagine that anyone's margins on Festool are very good, but it surely got people in the door.

My biggest Rockler complaint is that they stopped mailing out the 20% off one item coupons. I go MUCH less often now than I did before.

Wow that seems kinda petty on both parts but I guess big business had to make sure they followed what festool wanted or lose out on their products. Although I would not enjoy having to pay taxes on festool in store when I could get online without taxes.

The tax thing is by far the #1 reason I don't buy my tools at my local Woodcraft or Rockler. The guy at Rockler laid a huge guilt trip on me when I spent a bunch of time there looking at the SawStop and then was clearly going to buy it online. I wanna tell the guy to call his legislator. I try to buy local when I can but 5% on a 3-4k purchase ain't peanuts.

Adapter on the end of the large hose means you are still hauling it back and forth while sanding. Smaller hose is lighter and more flexible. I used velcro wraps to tie the cord to the hose. I swap machines like my Ets150 and Domino using the same cord.

I use the large hose with my TS75 tracksaw and for general shop cleanup.

Adapter on the end of the large hose means you are still hauling it back and forth while sanding. Smaller hose is lighter and more flexible. I used velcro wraps to tie the cord to the hose. I swap machines like my Ets150 and Domino using the same cord.

I use the large hose with my TS75 tracksaw and for general shop cleanup.

Oh that's a good idea using the same cord and just using Velcro wraps to keep it all nice.

I'm assuming this is the small hose from what I've seen.

4f23f3b958c863a08f894ec87906b2e3.jpg

Also I don't see an adapter for the big hose to fit the little connectors on tools.

ff7eaef4c7a8eb5cd62fe1242683e343.jpg