Loving me some Rockler right now!!

I have heard the Fein hose might work but not sure if it fits into the CT vac directly. If you use a non anti static hose Festool is going to try to blame any future electrical problems on that.

I just had to put a new bag in my CT after dumping it out 8 times ! Just be careful handling the bag when dumping it out.

You should be able to use a VAC003 Bosch adapter to size down to the smaller port size.

I have the Bosch VAC005 hose as well as the 27mm hose that was included with my Midi. I like the added length of the Bosch, and never had any issues with weight. My only concern using it with the Midi is the fact that it isn't anti-static. Not sure if it would pose a risk to the Midi's electronics.

Yes it is!! Are there any other hoses on the market that can take their place? I have not had a chance to research yet since this was a shocking purchase haha. I need to go learn up on the CTs.

The Anti-static hoses are pricey. Bosch makes hoses that fit the CT, but I am not sure if it is just the 36 mm hose. If you go over to the Festool Owners Group, and search for your hose adapter question, I am sure you will find your answer, I will search as well. I believe there is an adapter for reducing from 36 to 27, and buying the Bosch hose and adapter might be a better choice. That is a great deal, that is like buying a MFT and getting the CT free.

The Anti-static hoses are pricey. Bosch makes hoses that fit the CT, but I am not sure if it is just the 36 mm hose. If you go over to the Festool Owners Group, and search for your hose adapter question, I am sure you will find your answer, I will search as well. I believe there is an adapter for reducing from 36 to 27, and buying the Bosch hose and adapter might be a better choice. That is a great deal, that is like buying a MFT and getting the CT free.

Try this. Tom the owner of Tool Home is great to deal with. He also does custom abrasive packs for the different Festool sanders. I bought 2 from him.

http://www.tool-home.com/products/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/57_1190/products_id/17990

Well to the victor go the spoils. Congrats on a super-rare great deal on Festool kit. You and Mike should get together and celebrate being the only two people on the planet to have ever done it.

Sounds good to me! I can hook my 1/2 price Domino to BW's 1/2 price CT while Eric pumps the keg!

• Like 1

The tax thing is by far the #1 reason I don't buy my tools at my local Woodcraft or Rockler. The guy at Rockler laid a huge guilt trip on me when I spent a bunch of time there looking at the SawStop and then was clearly going to buy it online. I wanna tell the guy to call his legislator. I try to buy local when I can but 5% on a 3-4k purchase ain't peanuts.

Buying my SawStop locally was cheaper than online because everyone charges $250 shipping.

• Like 1

Buying my SawStop locally was cheaper than online because everyone charges $250 shipping.

Right but in my case I would need shipping regardless. I had just had surgery and wouldn't be in any shape to manhandle that thing into my buddy's pickup truck. But I understand your point.

My biggest Rockler complaint is that they stopped mailing out the 20% off one item coupons. I go MUCH less often now than I did before.

I still get those. I've got one right now good until 1/25. My problem is that I never know what to use it on. A lot of times the Rockler price with 20% off is still greater or equal to Amazon but with Amazon I get free shipping. I tend to only use them for Rockler-specific things. I've just not used the last couple I've gotten. =/

I still get those. I've got one right now good until 1/25. My problem is that I never know what to use it on. A lot of times the Rockler price with 20% off is still greater or equal to Amazon but with Amazon I get free shipping. I tend to only use them for Rockler-specific things. I've just not used the last couple I've gotten. =/

Ya when I was in the store today I price checked a few items with Amazon app and Amazon was always cheaper with free prime shipping. It's tough to shop local when you don't have to drive 30 minutes and pay less but just wait 2 days.

The tax thing is by far the #1 reason I don't buy my tools at my local Woodcraft or Rockler. The guy at Rockler laid a huge guilt trip on me when I spent a bunch of time there looking at the SawStop and then was clearly going to buy it online. I wanna tell the guy to call his legislator. I try to buy local when I can but 5% on a 3-4k purchase ain't peanuts.

Hmm.  I appreciate the value of seeing and touching what I'm considering buying, whether it be a spokeshave or a Sawstop.  Understanding that the local Woodcraft franchise owner has almost zero influence over state or local tax policy, I'm willing to pay that "premium" so that the next time I'm looking to make an investment I might have the same luxury.  If the price (excluding tax) is not competitive, that's another thing.

So as some of you know I was picking up a shop vac this weekend. I went to rockler store since I have never been to one before and wanted to see first hand what the Fein turbo looked like and how it felt. After 30 mins of tinkering I decided to get the turbo 2 for $399. I was happy and it seemed like a great little vac.

What made you decide on the turbo 2 over the turbo 1?

Chris.

What made you decide on the turbo 2 over the turbo 1?

Chris.

It had more wheels which made it seem easier to drag around and turn. The suction control too was a positive and the bigger collection won me over. It was built nicely and seemed like it would be a good shop vac for a long time.