Some Good News and Perhaps TMI!

I may own the forum, but the people IN the forum are the only reason it's actually a "thing." So while I agree, I can technically do whatever I want with the forum, that just isn't the way I run things. So I do feel somewhat obligated to let folks know why I'm doing something and why it might benefit them. After all if people leave, it's just me and a piece of software. :) So definitely no apology, but I do feel an explanation is in order.

• Like 1

To come to a place that is always willing to help anyone with an honest problem is something we all look forward to. Ads as long as they aren't overbearing, like many are, is fine. Would that they were all woodworking related ads. That might be beneficial  for you to explore with google, It would certainly be useful to some of us.  Keep us up to date as to where we're going, we don't want to lose these great contributers, or have the place turn into what some of the other forums are... A shouting match of idiots!

Thanks Marc and Nicole, for your hard work, and this great place.

I belong to a number of forums related to my other interests. This is by far the best run site, with a very nice group of positive and supportive folks.

Thanks for thinking of the community you've cultivated.

Marc, thanks again for all you do. I hope you realize how much we value the services you provide. It can get easy to only speak when something is wrong. The people here have inspired me in so many ways and I would know none of them except for this forum. Thank you.

I agree thank you Marc and Nicole!!!! It's because of you both that I love coming here! It attracts only the best of people and I have to admit I get a huge kick when you are a part of a post I start. It's like having a celebrity wave at me. LOL

I can't even begin to imagine how busy you must be but thank you for including me in your decision making. I don't mind the ads at all and even put a tongue and cheek post about adjusting their content.

I can say honestly that even if you had to start charging I'd pay due to the fact that I learn so much from this group. I don't think I'm ready to be a guild member but I keep looking at it.

Marc, Ditto to everything that has been said.  The people here are so helpful, fun, funny and sometimes entertaining.  I drink my first cup of coffee with the morning paper and my second cup is consumed perusing this forum.  Then its out to the shop to make high quality sawdust.  Job well done!!!

Marc, hopefully (or not) this thread doesn't discourage future potential buyers, but I'm not sure how many of us would stick around if y'all ever sell?

The way I feel, you're like an old dog here; you're not around much but it's good to know you're at our side

This forum has become the conjoined twin of my hobby.  I check the posts during my FIRST cup of coffee. :D

Ads are a small price to pay...I don't even see them because I choose not to.

Thanks for taking the high road and keeping this place in the family.  The Spags has class.

I don't even notice the ads.  And even if I did, they'd be a pretty small price to pay for this community.  As someone said above, I belong to several other forums associated with my other hobbies, and they pale in comparison to this one.  I've never bee in contact with such a helpful and welcoming group of strangers.

So Marc - do whatever you gotta do to keep this place running - don't worry about us!

Pretty damn awesome bunch of posters above me pretty much covered it!  Proves what Marc had to say that without you lot, it wouldn't be what it is.

So, yes, Thanks Marc and Nichole but, also, thanks to the regulars on here that make this place fun!

Marc, you and Nichole have created a wonderful place for folks like us to 'hang out'. I don't do Facebook, Google+, or any othe so-called 'social media'. I'm really nit much of a social person. I certainly don't care to wade through posts about what somebody had for breakfast in order to keep up with my real interests. WTO has been the best place I have found to find accurate information, honest opinions, and above all FRIENDS that share a common interest.

I appreciate that you care enough about this baby to keep raising it. Do whatever you need to support your family; we'll do our best to support you in turn.

I don't get here nearly as much as I'd like but when I do I learn something or get an idea from someone else.

The immense amount of co-operative creativity on these pages is staggering.

This truly is a community. And a rare one in this day of self absorption on the internet.

Thank you Marc and Nicole.

Thanks to Marc and Nicole for providing the framework for what is the most friendly forum for woodworking that I know of.

I don't mind the ads at all and knowing that it helps to pay for the forum is encouraging.

Thanks also to everyone involved.