Who's Going To Woodworking in America?

Me, well I waited too long to buy my ticket... unless I can beg my way in, it looks like I'm out...

TOTAL bummer. Last year's was a blast!

Classes are full, but the show is open to the public.. There are also the dinners that you can attend..

I told my wife about it in May, when I found out about it. I reminded her constantly I needed the money to pay for it. She kept saying "I'll pick up extra shifts," and I started setting aside money from my checks as well. To date, I have $0.23 set aside for it...

Don't think I'm going to be able to go, and I was really looking forward to it... I even got the time off from work for it (and work didn't want to give me a weekend off, since i only work weekends...)

I'm going to be in Cincinnati a couple of weeks prior for the Oktoberfest. I might be able to sneak down again for the market place. Then again, can someone drive by Fountain Square? If they are pouring Spaten and Hofbrau at Oktoberfest again I may still might be there.

I will be there. I'm driving down from Chicago on Thursday afternoon to be there in time for the Tool Makers Dinner.

Maybe I can get Chris Schwarz to sign my "May the Schwarz be with you" TShirt?

-Mike

Oh that reminds me. I have to start promoting those shirts so Schwarz is as embarrassed as possible when he sees his face on so many people's chests, lol.

Oh that reminds me. I have to start promoting those shirts so Schwarz is as embarrassed as possible when he sees his face on so many people's chests, lol.

Thanks for reminding me to check the store! I think I'll peruse that this evening... (need something to do while I'm doing laundry.)

I will be there. It was full up when I finally got the money (my boss gave me an unexpected bonus), but I checked and they had cancellations, so I got in. Then they gave me the early bird rate and I have no idea why. I have enough Marriot rewards point to cover the hotel bill too.

I have signed up for 8 classes.

The only decision left is whether to come in the Malibu or the pickup. Hmmm, me thinks it'll be cheaper if I come in the malibu (not because of the better gas mileage)

Now I am bring my camcorder and tripod, I didn't know I could tape the sessions for my private use!

Marie is repainting the entire inside of the house, but couldn't find a mirror to her liking. I made the mistake of showing the Green and Green version Mark made (just a still of the mirror.) Now I have been tasked to "upgrade" a mirror in the guest bath. I have milled the lumber, cut to size and made the curves. Now I have to cut the rabbit and do the joinery and then finish it.

Looking forward to meeting you all! See ya in Covington

I'll be there. My wife and I should be out a few days early to take in the sights a little too. BTW, you can record sessions but you cannot upload or post entire sessions. If you wanted to record one for your own use you certainly can, just no distribution. As we get closer, we definitely need to organize a meet up of sorts. The last 2 WIAs were more about the camaraderie than the classes. Although they are pretty great too, save your money or avoid the marketplace cause it will get you in big trouble.

I'm with you, Shannon. We definately need to schedule a meet up or two. Also, we need to pick a "May the Schwarz be with you" T-Shirt day to swarm the events.