Full set of Narex Classic bevel edge bench chisels - never used!

bobcrosley

Last year, I was given a complete set of Narex bevel edge bench chisels for my birthday. This is a 10 chisel set ranging from 1/4" to 2". In the past year, I've actually done very little woodworking and my focus for the foreseeable future will be on simpler, 'Ana White' style projects I can complete in a weekend or 2 with my sons, rather than fine woodworking. So these have never even had the edge guards taken off. They were kept in the box from Lee Valley until I took them out to take this picture.

The details on the set are here: http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=67707&cat=1,41504

From Lee Valley, these are $128 for the set plus shipping.

Asking $100 shipped to the lower 48.

PM me if interested.

post-7964-0-45701300-1421684858_thumb.jp

what do you even do with a 2inch chisel?

Surprisingly useful if you are doing what Robert Wearing called a 'first class' saw cut, where you use a wide chisel to establish the kerf precisely on the gauge line.   It is honestly the only thing I have used it for, I have only ever sharpened it once, yet it stays on the rack in easy reach of the bench.

If you use a router to make a stopped dado, a wide chisel is good for referencing the wall of the dado and extending the line so you can square it up.  That's about all I use my wide chisel for on a regular basis, but I wouldn't want to be without it.  You can use a 1" for that, of course, but the wider, the better.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian