What glue do you use

Chet

I am just kind of interested in what glue people use and why.  I just do general wood working for myself and some gifts and usually use Titebond or Elmers and I know that Titebond has a II and III which are supposed to be water resistant and water proof.  I guess I am just curious if people have found properties that make them use a particular glue over another and not necessarily what the manufacturer has stated but personal experience.  I am always looking to learn and improve my game.

I use TBIII on stuff that will encounter water...but I hate using the stuff.  I'm sure it's just in my head and it's perfectly fine, but it's so watery and thin it seems like it won't give you as good of a bond as the regular stuff.  I've never had it fail...in fact my buddy got his canoe paddle that I built wedged in some rocks and cracked it...and the joints were all intact...total wood failure.  But still, I don't like it.

I use whatever is on sale and have no loyalty to any one brand. I do keep a bottle of TB3 around for outdoor projects but for regular stuff I use TB1, Elmers, or occasionally whatever generic brand I find at the woodworking store. I haven't noticed any difference in strength. The Elmers grabs very fast which is a blessing or curse depending on the project. It grabs and tacks so fast that you can rub two pieces together and within seconds struggle to get them apart again. TB1 is a good all purpose glue. The generics work just fine. TB3 is only suitable for outdoor projects. It turns dark and shrinks more than the others and leaves a visible glue line regardless of your skill at joinery. I never liked TB2, can't really put my finger on the reason but it just didn't grab me (hardeehar).

For most stuff Titebond II, but I also have some Titebond III mainly for glue-ups needing longer open time.

Over the holidays, I picked up some StickFast Medium CA with the aerosol activator for assembling a shot glass rack.  I'd seen Marc using the stuff for tear-out repairs and some small non-joinery assemblies.

I have to say that stuff is great.  The medium viscosity formulation makes application easy to control, and the aerosol activator makes the actual joining process very fast and predictable. 

I use Titebond II if I need a quick set and TB III when I need longer assy. time.

I use tite bond II for most everything. When I need water resistance or food safe I go tite bond III.

Titebond II for almost everything, unless the project is meant for water exposure, then TB III.

For most stuff Titebond II, but I also have some Titebond III mainly for glue-ups needing longer open time.

That's me...but sometimes I'm lazy and just...

I just use TB III to keep things simple. Longer open time and lower temps are a bonus.