Dust Collecting Overhead Table Saw Blade Cover

BorkBob

The post by NorwegianWoodworker got me off my butt and I devised this blade cover that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

I'm building these with 3/16" polycarbonate to make them sturdy and the weight tends to act like anti-kickback pawls.

The design permits the cover to be suspended at any desired height. It moves right or left to accomodate different cuts and will allow the use of a crosscut sled with a fence up to 3.5" high.

Designed to work with the BORK, it will work equally well with saws with factory riving knives.

OHDC-Clear-11-15-10003.jpg

OHDC-Clear-11-15-10005.jpg

OHDC-Clear-11-15-10006.jpg

The cover will be custom made to your desired inside width from 1.5" to 4.5". The one shown is 2".

I will provide the cover and the clamp to attach it to your pipe. Mine is ceiling mounted using 1" galv. pipe whidh I covered with 1.5" EMT conduit to get the length.

Price as shown is $150.00 ($120 with Whisper 20% discount) shipped ConUS. I'm going to price these individually based on the width and the dust collection hook up. They are not priced in my web store yet.

Please contact me via PM or email or through the store to discuss the options. Thanks for looking.

BORK-Logo-Birdseye-11-8-10.jpg Bob Ross / www.theborkstore.com

Please pray for your troops!! Semper Fi!!

I really like the fixture you made. I'll bet there are those that want to know what you used to fuse the plexiglass. I use Ambroid Liquid Weld for my covers and fixtures.

Here's a cover at 3.5" wide. The saw blade is at 45* bevel and fully raised. The added width allows direct connection of a 2.25" shop vac hose.

DCOHBC-35Wide-11-16-10003.jpg

Hi Trace,

I've actually been debating using cement. At this stage, I've built some jigs to drill accurate holes and I'm using #4 sheet metal screws. The mounting hardware in the upper half also adds stability.

I've settled on a 3" inside width for the production model and it will have a dust port that will accept 2.5" or 2.25" hose. Other sizes will be made to order. I've also settled on a name: The BORK Dust-Collecting Blade Cover or DCBC. It is now available through my store and I'm offering a sale price in addition to the Whisper coupon code discount. DCBC at theborkstore.com

Edit to add: I have made some cement using PVC cement, PVC cleaner and acetone to which I added some polycarbonate shavings. It works pretty well but I have no long term use to report.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JoeBax
    Newest Member
    JoeBax