Black Friday

PaulMarcel

Woodcraft's Black Friday flyer is here.

In addition to the items in the Woodcraft Black Friday flyer, the Cincinnati store also has deals on lumber:

Red gum (5/4) $.99/bf (boards are 14 feet long)

Poplar 4/4 $1.99/bf

Red oak 4/4 $1.99/bf

Cherry 4/4 $2.99/bf

Limit 100 bf per species

Please come buy this stuff. I'm seriously concerned that the floor in our wood room is going to collapse over the weight of it all.

Sears is having an early Black Friday sale November 19 and 20 only... Here's the link to the cordless drills and tool storage... this includes many non-Craftsman brands in case you pronounce 'craft' 'crap' :)

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/v_10153_12605_Tools?lid=tools_offer&rioptype=SC&sid=IOx20101119SRSBAU&eml=55115065&ruid=1002194

Amazon Fan Deal Preview: Start your shopping list now with a sneak preview of our Movies & TV Lightning Deals for Black Friday week. We’ve listed Monday’s deal prices already and will reveal new prices every day at 12 a.m. Pacific time. Bookmark the page and check back often, and tell your friends!

Check out our Black Friday week deals for DVDs to be priced as low as $1.99 and Blu-ray Discs as low as $5 in our Movies & TV Lightning Deals, running November 22-29.

Amazon always has some good incentives on everything! - MAKE sure to go through TWW portal on TheWoodwhisperer.com (<--- this is amazon link) to access Amazon!!!! for ANY AND ALL AMAZON PURCHASES NOT JUST WWORKING STUFF!!! Provides a bit of $change$ keeping the content coming, you must realize he is not going to make it just on his looks :) LOL -

Hope this helps - JCM

Wow, Woodcraft around here isn't known for good wood deals. All of those are good prices. By 4/4 do you mean something at least7/8" thick? I've purchased some special-buy lumber at Rockler and the stuff was 3/4". That's a huge rant of mine.

By 4/4 I mean rough-cut, 1" thickness. You'd lose a bit to surfacing, of course.

Also, the red gum is 6/4, not 5/4 as I said earlier.

Nice... as it should be... miss the days when I could get that around here. :`(

One of the advantages of living here. We get lumber from mills all over Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and even as far as Tennessee. The exotics come from further away, obviously, but one of the really nice things about our new store is the space for a ton of lumber. I'm not sure exactly where he gets it, but our owner brings in some of the most beautifully figured ambrosia maple I've ever seen with some boards as wide as 14" and it's pretty darned cheap. $2.75/bf, usually.

Where do you shop for your lumber?

I'm hoping you have a good dealer in mind :)

Usually go to Timber now by default. Stuff is pre-planed usually, but at least it is usually 15/16". Lately they had Walnut planed to 3/4"; what a waste.

I previously loved Powers Hardwood (Chandler Hardwood), but they no longer sell to the public as they do studio work.

So, yeah, that's the choices. Rocker and Woodcraft both sell only 3/4" stock; recently one of the two had a "special buy" that wasn't that special on 5/8" (sic.: five eights thick) cherry and it wasn't that special a price.

Woodworkers' Source in Tempe has some really beautiful stuff. It is also preplaned to 15/16", occasionally less. I don't like it preplaned or you are really constrained on the final thickness you'll get if you need to take any bow or wave out. I've done that, like cutting out these problems, but it far and away isn't the best option. Woodworkers' Source is also known for higher prices. I generally only buy when they have a big sale, which gets them down to where the others are.

So, tell me there's a rough lumber dealer in Gilbert I don't know about (please!!)... I need a bunch of 8/4 walnut for two staircases.

Back to the Black Friday madness... I just got in email a 25% any one item coupon from Harbor Freight. I'd link to it, but I know it's partly keyed to my account and I might want to use it :)

But... if you haven't signed up yet, maybe you can sign up for email from them today and get the coupon; it's possible they'll do another mailing to new sign-ons.

That 2.0 HP DC of theirs can be muy inexpensive with this coupon and the sale.

Only valid on Turkey day so go before the turkey coma.

Router Boss Thanksgiving Special. This is like a newly engineered WoodRat (these guys were the ones who sold WoodRat). Actually, if you have a WoodRat (Vic...) they are currently clearing out remaining WoodRat accessories and attachments (see their home page).

Speaking of routers... the Festool Fall Promotion with 10% off the OF-2200 and MFK-700 routers and accessories (not bits, dammit) finishes at the end of November.

Usually go to Timber now by default.

Now that they stopped being open on Saturdays, I pretty much can't get over there when they are open.

I previously loved Powers Hardwood (Chandler Hardwood), but they no longer sell to the public as they do studio work.

I had heard that they were going to re-open to the public in their new location. Was I mis-informed?

Woodworkers' Source in Tempe has some really beautiful stuff. It is also preplaned to 15/16", occasionally less. I don't like it preplaned or you are really constrained on the final thickness you'll get if you need to take any bow or wave out. I've done that, like cutting out these problems, but it far and away isn't the best option. Woodworkers' Source is also known for higher prices. I generally only buy when they have a big sale, which gets them down to where the others are.

I've taken advantage of a number of their sales, but otherwise I find their prices a bit steep. Definately nice stuff though.

So, tell me there's a rough lumber dealer in Gilbert I don't know about (please!!)... I need a bunch of 8/4 walnut for two staircases.

Wish I did... I was hoping that YOU would know of a place on this side of town that I wasn't aware of yet. Seems that there are better options over on Marc's side of town, but boy what a roadtrip from here!

Not sure if its been mentioned, but there's also a pretty big 48 hour sale starting today on Jet/Powermatic stuff, at least through Woodcraft. They're listing prices at up to 25% off and its not just on one or two items from what I saw. I bought my big Christmas gift to me early today and picked up the Jet 16/32 for $200 off list ($799 instead of list $999). It even applies to non-inventoried stock, as I got the deal even though the item is back-ordered to mid-December.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e