pagoda style cufflink box

Thanks guys. The project did go quite fast. It is not very difficult and having small parts to work with seems to make it even easier.

I built a few jigs along the way to help in the alignment and assembly. I for one am very happy I deviated from the plan with the drawer splines and curved legs.

I sanded everything but the top to 220 before assembly because it just seemed like a better idea than trying to sand it assembled.

Your turn cooper.

Edit: btw, the drawers actually will align properly. The pics make the gaps look all wonky and uneven.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I sanded down a few scraps of wenge, maple, and the funny grain maple last nigh to begin trying finishes. Im going to try straight armrseal on one side and straight shellac on the other.

I'm hoping the ARS does nice things to the maple grain without muddying up the wenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Get on it Coop. It's a fun build. The trick I learned with the drawers is to have the frame built, top attached all ready then with your 90* v bit in the router table, walk the bit up VERY SLOWLY cutting and testing, cutting and testing. The first time your drawer will slide in. STOP. If you go even a little too far, the drawer will hang too low or low on one side.

Get on it Coop. It's a fun build. The trick I learned with the drawers is to have the frame built, top attached all ready then with your 90* v bit in the router table, walk the bit up VERY SLOWLY cutting and testing, cutting and testing. The first time your drawer will slide in. STOP. If you go even a little too far, the drawer will hang too low or low on one side.

Good to know. I even printed this so I will remember.

Thanks

When introducing yourself, do you say "T, Brenden T"? Only person I've ever seen where cufflinks that often is the star of Ian Fleming novels...

I guess it is quite industry specific. I'm a Financial Advisor at one of the big firms left. Cuff links are very common within our world.

Back in my prior life of the Marine Corps, all of my long sleeve khaki shirts were retrofitted to french cuffs. 99% of my Marines had ever seen a french cuff shirt before.

I thought they were more common