How do you store your drills and impact drivers? See what I did!

Drill/Driver Hanging Station

I filmed the build on my YouTube Channel. Please check it out!

My old unit served me well, but I could incorporate some storage and increase the quality a little bit.

The build consists of MDF, 3" PVC Pipe, Glue, Pocket screws, paint.

Primary construction method was butt joints with glue, and pocket screws to hold the cabinet in place.

If you have any more comments, questions or suggestions please leave them here or on YouTube.

IMG_7370.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg
  • Like 2

I really like the project, but your video using the table saw scares the hell out of me. Free hand crosscutting the piece of ply against the fence just doesn't seem safe. I may be wrong?

Thank you for watching and on the compliment on the project!

Regarding the cross cutting, it does raise concerns but I felt very comfortable doing it. Next time I will use the miter saw :) 

• Like 1

Thank you for watching and on the compliment on the project!

Regarding the cross cutting, it does raise concerns but I felt very comfortable doing it. Next time I will use the miter saw :)

You hand plenty of room for a firm hand hold it was fine, don't sweat it. Another good video. Do you have a helper or do you set up a tripod and adjust for each shot.

You hand plenty of room for a firm hand hold it was fine, don't sweat it. Another good video. Do you have a helper or do you set up a tripod and adjust for each shot.

Particle Board,

I film everything myself with a tripod or other means of holding the camera. Definitely adds a lot of time to a project :)

Thank you for watching and your comments.

There is really no difference between ripping and cross cutting ply. Its not like solid stock were cross cutting can be unpredictable.  I don't work a lot with ply, last night I was making some shop furniture and had forgotten how easy it cuts on the table saw.  

I was more scared when he poured the paint on his MFT :)

There is really no difference between ripping and cross cutting ply. Its not like solid stock were cross cutting can be unpredictable. I don't work a lot with ply, last night I was making some shop furniture and had forgotten how easy it cuts on the table saw.

I think he was concerned with the width vs length ratio on that cut. Ultimately making it more a "crosscut"

I think he was concerned with the width vs length ratio on that cut. Ultimately making it more a "crosscut"

That's the factor that gives me pause.  I'm not gonna lecture you...I'm guilty of doing the same thing if I'm being lazy.  But in a youtube video it's probably wise to follow best practice...if for no other reason than to avoid the criticism from the trolls...which there are tons of.  You should have used your miter gauge and an offset stop block on the fence...but again, I'm not judging.

And no Coop, I'm not calling you a troll.  People do things on video all the time that gives me pucker factor even if I've done the exact same thing myself...it's always scarier watching someone else because you have no control over it and you always expect them to screw up because they are not you.  Kind of like riding shotgun when my wife is driving...I know she hasn't been in a real accident in her entire life, but I can't help hitting my imaginary brakes and grabbing the dashboard constantly.

• Like 2

That's the factor that gives me pause. I'm not gonna lecture you...I'm guilty of doing the same thing if I'm being lazy. But in a youtube video it's probably best if you follow best practice...if for no other reason than to avoid the criticism from the trolls...which there are tons of. You should have used your miter gauge and an offset stop block on the fence...but again, I'm not judging.

Thanks for the comment Eric! Criticism well taken!

Yeah, got it.   I probably would have used a miter gauge and block on my fence but ply typically behaves well on the tablesaw.  Like I said last night I was  making some cuts in ply I wouldn't do with solid lumber.   Nice video and smart project.    I will look at some more of your videos.  

Yeah, got it. I probably would have used a miter gauge and block on my fence but ply typically behaves well on the tablesaw. Like I said last night I was making some cuts in ply I wouldn't do with solid lumber. Nice video and smart project. I will look at some more of your videos.

Thank you! Please subscribe and share! Helps a lot!

And that was what caught my attention.

I probably shouldn't have said anything since I'm sure you're more experienced than me and I've seen other videos that you've made and they're all top notch! Keep up the good work

And that was what caught my attention.

I probably shouldn't have said anything since I'm sure you're more experienced than me and I've seen other videos that you've made and they're all top notch! Keep up the good work

I think it is fine, you weren't a jerk about it.  Everyone benefits from a discussion of safety, it is the youtube armchair safety police mall cop RA trolls that are annoying.  

I think it is fine, you weren't a jerk about it.  Everyone benefits from a discussion of safety, it is the youtube armchair safety police mall cop RA trolls that are annoying.  

Unfortunately that is part of youtube. The piece is so short its really not a concern if you have some manual dexterity. If you have lady hands and can't hold the wood solid against the fence then I might be concerned. If I was going to comment on safety its not the cut or the right hand its the left hand. Keep that left hand off the piece, I don't care if its in your pocket just keep it away so that it does not try to guide the piece. 

• Like 1

My impact driver stays in the plastic case it came in because I don't use it a lot.  My regular drill (and its charger) stay out on my workbench since I always want them handy.  Those are the only 2 I have, so I don't really need a better storage arrangment.  Or rather - I'd love to have a better place to store them, bits, and their chargers, but there are other things higher on my list of needed shop improvements :)

Cooper, no need to be concerns. I am a new Youtuber. This is a learning process for me. I am a decent woodworker but this YouTube deal is a whole different ball of wax.

Any discussion is better than no discussion. If you wouldn't have brought it up I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Now, when I am about to do the same thing next I will remember this and make a safer decision.

Again everyone, I do appreciate the discussion, watching my content, liking, and sharing. It all helps a great deal!