I asked the question yesterday comparing the powermatic pm1000 to the  pm 2000 I should of asked how it compared to a Jet or Grizzly or unisaw I don't have another space on my power box so getting a 220 volt saw means a bigger box and alot  more money all around thanks for the in put so far the guy with the schematics was spot on. 

I know you don't have it on the list but I am real happy with my SawStop.  Its a PCS with 1 3/4 hp 110 volt -  36 inch fence and in the same price as the the PM1000.  It is Black instead of Yellow though  :P  :P  :P

I know a guy in hawaii that has one his son has cut a hotdog on it to show his friends how it works. Its not out of the question but I grow up on the old model 66 and i loved that saw I can't remember my grand farther ever doing anything to it and it cut true every time I don't even know if that is still available today just hoping it is and beside that i've found over the years thats its not the machine its the person behind it that makes the difference.

Did the dad make the kid pay for the replacement cartridge and possibly the blade if there was damage to it???  You still have to respect the SawStop just like any other table saw.  You would be a fool to think it is fail safe.  I am just real happy with the quality of the machine and the way it performs.  This has cut 8/4 oak and walnut with no problem, more then I could have hoped for out of a 110 V, 1-3/4 hp machine.

I saw the dad the day the boy cut the dog didn't see the boy again for a long while. i can't say what happen always felt uncomfortable bring it up. I don't know if your familiar with the American woodworkers guide but he has one and swears by it and i do think its good, I just love the way powermatic performs it always seams like the over build and i like that in a machine

Marc posted a link on FaceBook of Bosch saw tech that is brining braking without blade destruction. Cool thought.

Hhhhmmm...disc brakes vs. drum?

Actually sounds good that another form of tech is coming to market. I never cared for the way SawStop (the company president, I guess) kept pushing for legislation to require safety tech that only SawStop could provide.

This has cut 8/4 oak and walnut with no problem, more then I could have hoped for out of a 110 V, 1-3/4 hp machine.

This my biggest pet peeve with saw reviews. Even 5 hp saws grunt cutting 8/4 hard woods. I don't care who makes the saw it takes hp.

I asked the question yesterday comparing the powermatic pm1000 to the  pm 2000 I should of asked how it compared to a Jet or Grizzly or unisaw I don't have another space on my power box so getting a 220 volt saw means a bigger box and alot  more money all around thanks for the in put so far the guy with the schematics was spot on. 

Jet and Grizzly both make hybrid saws and industrial cabinet saws, so it depends on the particular model.  The PM1000 is nicely made saw....probably best described as a premium light duty saw....whether you call it a cabinet saw or hybrid saw, it won't have the power or the robustness of a 3hp or 5hp industrial cabinet saw like the Jet Xacta, Grizzly G1023RL/G0690, Laguna Platinum, Baleigh, or Unisaw.   The fence on the PM1000 is the same as the PM2000 and Jet Xacta saws (similar to the fence of the Griz G1023RL and Unisaw)...clearly heavier duty than the fences on most other hybrid saws. The top dimensions are about the same between most hybid and cabinet saws (note that the PM2000's table top is 30" deep vs 27" of most others).  The cabinet on the PM1000 is a full enclosure....some hybrids have a full enclosure, some have an open cabinet with legs.  The guts of the PM1000 (as shown in the schematic) are a bit more developed than most other premium hybrids like the Jet Proshop, PM64B, Griz G0771, Laguna Fusion, Baleigh, and General International 50-200R, but are more similar to those than the guts of the industrial cabinet saws....they all have cabinet mounted trunnions.  You can generally view the schematics from the online manual or parts list if you want to compare what's under the hood.  

The schematics for the Jet Proshop/Laguna Fusion/Baleigh hybrid are essentially the same, so what's pictured below applies to all of those. The PM1000 schematic is next:

balguts_zps439ca1dd.jpg  pm1000_zpsrrk1vxdz.jpg

Here's a pic of the what the Fusion/Proshop/Baleigh trunnions look like with the top remove....that should be fairly similar to the the PM1000 looks like from the top, but I don't have that pic:

Picture36_zpsfdba51c4.jpg

Below are schematics and pics from the Jet Xacta/G1023RL/G0690/PM2000:

ad85dd26-e16e-4f3d-8454-7cc0f4dc1fcb_zps1023rltr_zpshcqypsdk.jpg

pm2000b_zpse36e95df.jpgbaleightrun_zps864bfc17.jpg708675pk_jet_zps2cc43902.jpgg1023rl_det2_zps6be49fb3.jpg

This my biggest pet peeve with saw reviews. Even 5 hp saws grunt cutting 8/4 hard woods. I don't care who makes the saw it takes hp.

PB, you are correct.  My original statement was not thought out properly.  What I should have been saying is that I am able make nice cuts of 8/4 on my SawStop, something I was unable to do on my old saw with out burning the heck out of the wood and blade.  My main thing is that I am happy with the saw as a hobbiest woodworker.