135 degree Angle Brackets

drtom

Hey Good Folks,

Thank you for being here.

I am not a wood worker per se, but  I work with wood on a daily basis.  I'm a drum maker.

I'm quite handy and have worked briefly at each of two cabinet shops, have been a handy man and once did all the light construction and maintenance at a small ranch. Despite this, my knowledge is limited.

I have a large, 8 piece octagonal (duh!) drum that I'm resurrecting.  I need angle brackets of 135 degrees to support this hefty frame (42" corner to corner)  but cannot find them.  OK, I've found them in China but would have to order a shipping container of lthem, and I only need a few.

Does anyone know where to get a hold of 135 degree angle brackets?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I guess I'm not picturing the application clearly, but I suggest taking some standard 90* angle brackets, clamp them in a vise, and bend to suit. Barring that, if you have a tablesaw or bandsaw, cutting them from a strong hardwood should be simple.

Welcome in, by the way!

Maybe someone who understands the application better will chime in soon.

Bending some 90° brackets is the easiest choice.  Second easiest if you only need a few would be to just make some out of mild steel bar.  I don't think you'll be bending it enough in either case to break the bar, but heating it could help if you have a torch or forge. 

• 5 years later...

This is a real struggle. I came to the US from Europe, and there you can find 135 degree angle brackets in every hardware store where you can find 90 degree angle brackets. This is not the case with the US (or Canada) though. It seems like people here avoid everything that is not 180 degree or 90 degree, so you can't find what you need. Order some on ebay or aliexpress.

20 hours ago, rros said:

This is a real struggle. I came to the US from Europe, and there you can find 135 degree angle brackets in every hardware store where you can find 90 degree angle brackets. This is not the case with the US (or Canada) though. It seems like people here avoid everything that is not 180 degree or 90 degree, so you can't find what you need. Order some on ebay or aliexpress.

Looks like we call them 45* angle irons here:

https://www.garvinindustries.com/sfl62?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ACzOgLRBspuhc8A-8JhrdPkrwOW9l-CZYWR199vteEd21wQ27ekOwcaAh4AEALw_wcB

Of course, we still measure things in inches and pounds, too.