The Cadillac of Mechanical Pencils

I had been looking around for some good mechanical pencils for the shop, and while this isn't necessarily cheap, it is pretty damn awesome.

Great feel, great weight, and the lead rotates as you write to keep a sharp point at the bottom of your pencil strokes.

There are cheaper versions of it that are roughly 5 bucks. But that silver metal is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OHNTVC/ref=pd_luc_rh_bxgy_01_02_t_img_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought it looked pretty beefy for a mechanical pencil, I don't know if I have ever used one where the lead rotates as you write. I'm still using the lead holders that you have to put a point on, I think the lead is 2 mm and it is getting hard to find.

I thought it looked pretty beefy for a mechanical pencil, I don't know if I have ever used one where the lead rotates as you write. I'm still using the lead holders that you have to put a point on, I think the lead is 2 mm and it is getting hard to find.

Mark - I've had good luck finding 2mm leads at Amazon.  I've ordered carbon as well as red & white from them and always received then within a few days.

• Like 1

I was looking at the mechanical drafting pencils yesterday at hobby lobby and almost pulled the trigger, but considering the fact I have about a hundred I bought cheap during back to school time and my ability to lose a pencil, I figured I shouldn't...

I've been using 0.5mm rotring 600's for years--decades actually--and really like their feel, and the little window that lets me know which lead hardness is loaded in which pencil.  But I must say the "auto lead rotation clutch" in the kurutoga pencil seems like a really good idea.  And, although it sounds gimmicky, the reviews on Amazon seem to bear witness that it works as advertised. I may have to buy one and see if I like it better than the 600.

I've been using 0.5mm rotring 600's for years--decades actually--and really like their feel, and the little window that lets me know which lead hardness is loaded in which pencil.  But I must say the "auto lead rotation clutch" in the kurutoga pencil seems like a really good idea.  And, although it sounds gimmicky, the reviews on Amazon seem to bear witness that it works as advertised. I may have to buy one and see if I like it better than the 600.

My bro in law uses the rotring. He did a lot of mechanical drawings and such.