Flattening stone??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Depends on your personality – if you’re the buy-it-once sort of guy, then I’d get the Dia-Flat. I’ve used just about every method available to flatten stones (including most of the diamond plates avai

Moot.   Well thanks for your opinion.  I think I'll take my information from those with specific experience instead of someone making assumptions from their office chair.  Every objective bit of inf

I have the Dia-Flat.  It's awesome.  I'm not gonna spend hundreds of dollars on my stones then flatten them on a waffle iron.     What Trip said.  I'm sure the two you listed will work...but "equa

Posted Images

==>everything will do the job

Like most things in woodworking, everything will do the job -- just some do them better...

completely agree ... for once I was just trying to find the hands down best thing to get to do the job and it seems to not be so black and white.

Why cant festool make a lapping plate, then I would know ;) 

Actually, I’m not sure there is much confusion here... If you review the thread and take note of which members are recommending which solution... The rest is just noise... Not much more to say...

• Like 1

Humans can always screw-up anything... But for most things woodworking, there's always more than one way to accomplish a task... For flattening waterstones, it happens to be the DIA-Flat...