HTC Wood Racks

Tom Cancelleri

I should add, though...I built the shed myself, from scratch, and framed it the same way a house is framed...so it should be okay.  I did double up the studs in my shop where I put my main racks - simply out of paranoia, although I don't really think it was necessary...nor do I think it's necessary in the shed.  But just to be on the safe side I probably will.

I'm gonna be putting mine in my utility room of my basement. I have an 18' long wall with exposed studs, and insulation/vapor barrier Was thinking of running some 2x4s perpendicular to the studs and mounting the racks to that. It'll be rock solid when I'm done. I don't think you'll have any problems with the studs in your shed Eric.

==>Nah, you can always fix it

Case in point ----

Woodshed after remodeling by '12 - Sandy:

attachicon.gifsandy1-5.jpg

That was after the total remodeling by '10 - Superstorm

So I'm on my 3rd rebuild since '06...

==>A much bigger one.

Current version is 16x32x12 and found it to be just about perfect size for a woodshed... Room for stock, plus a bandsaw and crosscutter...

Uh, ain't you supposed to store your lumber "inside" the shed?

==>A much bigger one.

Current version is 16x32x12 and found it to be just about perfect size for a woodshed... Room for stock, plus a bandsaw and crosscutter...

Uh, yeah, that's about the size of my backyard.  Woods and fence and landscaping and all that's left is a little pie-shaped wedge of lawn.  My shed is tiny because it has to be, unfortunately.  On the flip side, it take about three and a half minutes to cut my grass. :D

I have these and decided to space them 16" consistent with the studs.

Using multiple sets I spanned an 8 foot section of wall.

I also doubled the studs along that section of wall and used better quality SPAX screws to attach the rack channels.

I bought that wood rack years ago when Triton was making it.  I'm pretty happy with it.

I was concerned about the weight bolting it to osb walls.  I screwed 3/4" plywood to the furring/osb then lag bolted the rack to the plywood.  It was easier than bolting thru the interior wall back to the cmu.   it's held up so far...now that it said that it will laying on the floor when i get home...

I bought this a couple of days ago too. I wish I had bought a second one. This is actually what kicked me into gear to put in insulation and drywall. If I had to guess, with the exception of christmas gifts and finishing my current project, the entire rest of this year will be spent organizing and building stuff for the shop.

I bought this a couple of days ago too. I wish I had bought a second one. This is actually what kicked me into gear to put in insulation and drywall. If I had to guess, with the exception of christmas gifts and finishing my current project, the entire rest of this year will be spent organizing and building stuff for the shop.

Woodcraft has the Portamate rack which is the same one for sale for 39.99 this weekend and possibly throughout the next month.