Forum Update

There used to be numerous rebuild functions on the back-end but those appear to be gone. So we'll be doing a re-import of the affected posts this week. Hopefully it will fix them all at once.

I just checked and this new version of the forum software is not using VB codes. It just accepts and stores HTML, not in the safe side!

Quote a post doesn't seem to work on an iPad with safari - only using wifi.

Works fine here. Just have to scroll down because the editor does not center in the screen. Occasionally you have to select the text box again as well. It is not smooth, but functional. 

PS, I am always on either phone or iPad. This was done on an iPad in Safari. 

Edited by C Shaffer

Does appear the update likes to be signed into from different machines. When  I switch from one laptop to the other, I have to sign back in and  get told there are no new posts to viewed. I can tell there are and I sometimes go 12 hours or more before checking the board.  

When on the home page of the forum, are other people missing the recent posts, topics and contributors on the right hand side? This only started happening last night and continues today.  If I select on a sub forum like general woodworking talk, I can see the recent posts, topics, etc..

When on the home page of the forum, are other people missing the recent posts, topics and contributors on the right hand side? This only started happening last night and continues today.  If I select on a sub forum like general woodworking talk, I can see the recent posts, topics, etc..

Not just you. 

Marc, before the changeover, I could pull up a post with 4 or 5 pics, and there was an arrow to let me move from pic to pic. Now I have to click on one pic, then to see the others, I have to close out the first pic and click on the second pic, in order to see it and so on!

Is anyone else having the problem that when you click on new content and check off "only items I follow" it still shows all items?  I've tried checking and unchecking it, logging out logging back in again, etc.  Is it just me?

Yes, and the other filters do not work for me either. 

Also when I modify the filters to quickly I receive this:

Sorry, there is a problem

Please wait 3 seconds before attempting another search

Error code: 1C205/3

FYI, the forum is currently rebuilding parts of the database in an attempt to fix all those broken links in old posts. Hopefully this will resolve the issue for good.

Marc, Do you known if the rebuild is complete? There are about 50 posts missing in my Chest of drawers thread in the project journal section.

I see that the thread contains posts through August 2nd. So are the missing posts missing before that point, as in somewhere in the beginning or middle of the thread? Or are these posts all missing since August 12th.

Also, if anyone else notices missing posts, please let me know. If this is one isolated incident, we might just have to suck it up. But if multiple posts are missing then we need to look into doing another import.

I see that the thread contains posts through August 2nd. So are the missing posts missing before that point, as in somewhere in the beginning or middle of the thread? Or are these posts all missing since August 12th.

Also, if anyone else notices missing posts, please let me know. If this is one isolated incident, we might just have to suck it up. But if multiple posts are missing then we need to look into doing another import.

All posts missing after Aug 2nd. I think everything before that is there.

Funny I noticed strange behavior in that thread. I was looking at it earlier today and wondering why there were no updates after August 2. Then I moved onto something else but left the window open. A few minutes later I got a prompt at the bottom of the page that said "25 new replies" and prompted me to load them. So I did. I started reading them and a few minutes later the same thing happened again, and it loaded another 24 posts (through a couple nights ago). But when I came back to the tbread later they were gone again. 

See if you can reproduce that behavior if you just leave the window open for a little while. 

Im using chrome on Windows 7. 

Funny I noticed strange behavior in that thread. I was looking at it earlier today and wondering why there were no updates after August 2. Then I moved onto something else but left the window open. A few minutes later I got a prompt at the bottom of the page that said "25 new replies" and prompted me to load them. So I did. I started reading them and a few minutes later the same thing happened again, and it loaded another 24 posts (through a couple nights ago). But when I came back to the tbread later they were gone again. 

See if you can reproduce that behavior if you just leave the window open for a little while. 

Im using chrome on Windows 7. 

Brian, it did the same thing to me as well. Maybe a bug in that thread?. I had some stuff to post that i did today. Not sure i want to. I will give it some time.

Brian, it did the same thing to me as well. Maybe a bug in that thread?. I had some stuff to post that i did today. Not sure i want to. I will give it some time.

Maybe start a new thread, and when the old one gets sorted out the mods can merge them. I'm anxious to see your updates!

• Like 1

OK so I figured I'd throw in a test post to see if it forces those posts to rewrite to the database or something. the fact that the system prompts you to see the new ones means they are clearly there....somewhere. So maybe putting a test post would force the others before it to show. And it does seem like it worked. Can you guys confirm?

Edited by thewoodwhisperer