Forum Update

OK so I figured I'd throw in a test post to see if it forces those posts to rewrite to the database or something. the fact that the system prompts you to see the new ones means they are clearly there....somewhere. So maybe putting a test post would force the others before it to show. And it does seem like it worked. Can you guys confirm?

My posts are back. Thanks again.

Marc... I went to check my PM's  and wanted to delete come conversations that are not being used!  There's no delete button, how do I delete conversations that are not being used?

Richard, I didn't find the option to delete old conversations, but this may work:

1. Create a new folder, name it "Trash"
  2. Move the conversations you want to delete to that folder
  3. Now go to the newly created Trash folder and you'll see the option to delete or empty the folder (from the configuration icon, near the folder's name)

Why are you guys picking on an old man?  I could with one click, delete an entire conversation!  Now I have to create a folder [by the way, how do I do that?], then move my conversations to the new folder, then if I'm lucky the whole 3 pages of conversation that I want to delete will go at once, or will I get "lucky" and have to delete one post at a time?    For some reason, this doesn't seem to follow the KISS rule.

• 1 month later...

Another feature that some people requested that has been implemented is the @ reply system. Try it and see how it works. Might not be perfect yet but you should see a list of names populate if you type the @ symbol and then the first few letters of their name.

@Eric. Hi!

@thewoodwhisperer hello self!

image.thumb.jpg.f7640dce51939f9a82b71773I'm accessing the forum from the TWW app right now because I can't get it to load from the website - I use Chrome on iPad...  Every other website seems fine.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I have the same problem on my PC with firefox when I go from my favorites list or straight from a websearch.

As a work around I noticed I can access a specific category like "General Woodworking Talk" and then I can navigate around at will. It will direct to that Sorry page if I click on the Home or Forums tab, but otherwise works.

I am also going add this here.  I am once again unable to click to the next page of the thread.  I just end up at the top of a blank page.  aged example is this thread.  I don't know if anybody has mentioned this real recently.  If I go to the menu where this topic is listed, "forum Update" it then has pages 1,2,3,4 and 7,  I can go to any of those pages by themselves but no where else.  I can click on any of those pages but can not go anywhere from there.  So if I click on 4, thats fine but if I try to go to 5 its just to the top of a blank page.  Or click on 7 and try to go back to 6, nothing.  So because 5 and 6 are not listed on the main menu I have no way to get to them.  I had this problem a few weeks back but then it cleared up but now it is back.

Try it now @Chet K. There's actually a conflict with one of the ads. I disabled it in the past and totally forgot WHY I disabled it. In my hazy brain state I re-enabled it recently and the problem returned. So try it now and let me know if it works.

Edited by thewoodwhisperer