So Where does the Lawnmower Go???

tim0625

I have an shed that stores my yard stuff and some other things, I use to keep my scooter in my shop and had to move it out before I working, now it has a home on it's own, I know scooter, yea I got it when gas prices was above $5 a gallon, for local runs, store, friends home, and even work, and now just for runs in area that has trees cover roads, on cool morning,

My petrol (gas) lawnmower was taken to the city tip (our name for a recycling center) a few years back and is probably now part of a ship or refrigerator. I employ a gardener to come in once a week to mow the lawns, do all the garden chores, clear up leaves etc. I now have extra space in the shop and don't have to waste valuable shop time on getting rid of weeds.

It takes him and his men about an hour to do what took me 2 days. Best £30 I ever spent.

My shop has not only all the woodworking tools/supplies, all camping equipment, it has my mechanics tools/ welder/cutting torch etc! It had my reloading supplies until just recently. My lawnmower is content to sit out under a leanto all winter and the rest finds a spot in my hay barn!

Edited by Strasberry

When I built my 24x32 garage, I sectioned an area off just for that kind of stuff. It quickly got filled with other crap, so I built a 14x16 shed to house it. The mower hasn't seen gasoline in about 8 years as a crew comes by weekly and mows.

I bought a pre-fab barn for the Dixon riding mower and all the yard stuff. It was one of those pre built buildings that is slid off of a trailer onto the ground but, was too wide to get backed into the yard so the guys had to assemble it in place.

IMG_1480_zpstwaybjuf.jpg

Behind the boy and windmill ! :)

Rog

My petrol (gas) lawnmower was taken to the city tip (our name for a recycling center) a few years back and is probably now part of a ship or refrigerator. I employ a gardener to come in once a week to mow the lawns, do all the garden chores, clear up leaves etc. I now have extra space in the shop and don't have to waste valuable shop time on getting rid of weeds.

It takes him and his men about an hour to do what took me 2 days. Best £30 I ever spent.

... Dredge the moat, apply marine varnish to the drawbridge, trim the hedge maze, polish the portcullis.... :D

• Like 1

Unfortunately the primary purpose of the space I use is to store all the stuff.

We have the 4-wheeler with plow attachment and trailer, thousands of feet of welded wire fencing and a couple hundred T-posts we use to keep the moose and elk from ornamental landscape plants, a dozen ranch gates, mower, blower, trimmer, chainsaw and assorted lawn tools, mechanic's tools, ladders, 4 inflatable kayaks with PFDs and paddles, soccer mom chairs, bikes, strollers, those dusty cabinets from the remodel which I was going to use something like 8 years ago but never did, 10' of culvert, a basketball hoop, old doors, car washing supplies, electric fencing supplies, weed and bug chemicals with assorted sprayers, and all kinds of good junk I'm leaving out.

Oh, almost forgot! There's a wood shop of sorts in there too. :)

• Like 1

Where do you put the yard stuff - rakes, shovels, lawnmower, weed eater...the things you want to keep out of the weather.  Does it share a space in your woodworking shop?  Do you have a separate building/shed? How do you do it?

I cleared out the wife's food pantry and put it all in there ;)

Just got a pre-made shed that is being multi used for feed storage, gardening (wife) and lawn stuff (shovels, rakes, mower, etc).  The shop right now is the garage and it still needs a bit of organizing to really function well.  Maybe one day.....