Harbor Freight discount?

jHop

So I was at my local Harbor Freight this afternoon. The guy ahead of me tried to use his 20 percent coupon, and they said something to the effect that a new store policy said they can't accept it.

I didn't ask the clerk for details, and I didn't hear the gentleman ask why didn't accept the coupon, although it appeared the coupon had not expired yet.

I'd suggest anybody planning on using their coupon / discount read the fine print to make sure you can use it on the item you want. Since I didn't have my coupon on me, and I was only purchasing gloves, I didn't bring it with me. It might be that individual stores are not participating in the coupons, and it might not.

Just an FYI.

Yea I was thinking about going online to Harberfreights.com to get that 20% discount that your talking about..

They normally have it but this time they didnt..I dont know what happened.

I have been wanting to buy a new miter saw or sliding 10in Miter.. If it was 100.00 then I would get 20.00 dollors off. cool huh.

• 2 weeks later...

HF in my area at least still honors the 20% off coupon. I would assume they still do everywhere since they put a coupon in a couple of the wood working mags. What I do is cut out the coupon and make copies of it so I never run out.

I was in there yesterday and they are passing out 25% off coupons that can only be used on New Years Day.

Also, my store won't take a 20% off coupon and one of the email coupons at the same time. I almost used their coupon for their oak work bench, but I did the math and it was cheaper to use the 20% off coupon instead.

• 2 weeks later...

They don't take them if you already used another coupon for something else. For example, I only go there when I have enough coupons for stuff I want... not too long ago I grabbed some things I wanted, clamps and whatnot, and the coupons all worked. I also grabbed something that was not on sale and I had no coupon for (some small power tool) and the computer would not accept the coupon, saying something about coupons already used or whatever. The employees didn't seem to know what was going on so they tried some other 20% off coupons they had laying around. The message on the screen was always the same and I just played dumb. The manager came over and was cool about it and somehow manually plugged in the discount. Last time I was there I noticed a paper taped to the checkout counter about coupons but I didn't read all of it. The lady just kept asking for coupons and used a couple she had that I didn't, which was nice of her.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e