Brendon_t

Mahogany Spear Gun

You may be talking about the band holes at the end.  There are two 5/8" holes where the rubber bands will thread through. The bands are the force that propells the spear out. 

Brendon, do you guys have Triple Tail fish?

sorry coop, oops I lost this question in the page jump. Unfortunately no, we don't have triple tail. I have caught them out of Venice and if I remember, they taste amazing. I also think we snipped the back tail off of some smaller ones and used them as giant grouper bait.

I have heard they were good eating. As much as I've fished the Gulf Coast, I've never caught one. But most of mine is bay fishing.

I've always caught them near the middle of the water column.  Below the blue runners and flags but above the reef donkies (AJ's) and grouper

Finally, some "finished" pictures of the gun. Finish was 3 liberal coats of watco tung oil. Still considering a few coats of arm r seal once it's fully cured. I inlays 3 abalone rounds on each side for a bit of bling. da19989b3a440b8ae91999dd58c3abe7.jpgIMG%7Boption%7Dhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/14/3d79b5f39a7a041f55aebce14393d7f8.jpg] e99c26c9ac33c8eeeaefb4cc99ae135b.jpg Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk