Grizzly table saw motor slipping?

BrandonD

I have about an 18 month old Grizzly G0690 table saw. Probably about 4-6 months after I received it I experienced what I'd describe as the belts slipping -- on start up, the motor would start up loud and strong but the belts would only occasionally (and barely) catch on the pulley and spin the blade a bit. Figuring it was the new belts loosening up, I tensioned them by loosening the bolts on the motor mount, pushing down on the motor and securing the bolts. Started back up with no issue.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Using it a lot with a whole house flooring project. I get the belt slipping again. Frustrated, I try to tension the belts again but the motor isn't moving any more. I order new belts from Grizzly and I just got around to getting out there to put them on. I did. They seem tensioned well -- I even used a spreader clamp between the motor and housing to hold it in place while I tightened the bolts. However I'm still getting the same problem. I took the blade off to have a closer look. It appears to me that the motor shaft and pulley and slipping up on start-up? Or am I imaging it? Any ideas? I could be way off base. Video below.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update... very busy these days, so it took a while to get out there. I took the belts off and grabbed ahold of the pulley on the motor shaft to see if it had any play. It came right off so easy like it was lubricated. I couldn't find the square key... it's long gone. No telling how long that's been running without a key... hard to imagine but if it didn't have a key as long as a year ago when I first had this problem... and I've really pushed that saw... 

Looked around at some hardware stores and couldn't find anything. The key is metric and they only had imperial keys. So it's on order... hopefully it's as easy as a fix as it sound like it'll be...

Thanks all.