figured walnut from my home depot.

tcarswell

Is this a local phenomenon?  My local sand city seaside home depot carries black walnut. I always pick through the stacks because I find curly hard maple in with the hard maple and lots of  curly cherry in with the cherry . But recently I've been finding Tons of curly and crotch figured walnut in with the black walnut. The down side is the cost it's fas s4s sold by the foot at 5.83 a foot so roughly 12 a bd ft. Sometimes I can't help myself . I also found some  veneer grade birdseye in there a while back. Anyone else have luck cherry picking at the orange depot ? 

20150831_162140.jpg

You are buying walnut?  You?

I have an important message for you courtesy of the Mayo Clinic:

Hoarding disorder

Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs.

Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Some people also collect animals, keeping dozens or hundreds of pets in unsanitary conditions because they can't care for them properly.

Hoarding ranges from mild to severe. In some cases, hoarding may not have much impact on your life, while in other cases it seriously affects your functioning on a daily basis.

People with hoarding disorder often don't see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. But intensive treatment can help people with hoarding disorder understand their compulsions and live safer, more enjoyable lives.

I have an account at jackal. Decent place good prices . Almost no exotics or figured woods but they are nice to have around for sure. The owner can be difficult but with real commercial lumberyard you take what you can get ....

As far as hoarding I don't have a hoarding problem I just need more space and storage :) 

You are buying walnut?  You?

I have an important message for you courtesy of the Mayo Clinic:

Hoarding disorder

Hoarding disorder is a persistent difficulty discarding or parting with possessions because of a perceived need to save them. A person with hoarding disorder experiences distress at the thought of getting rid of the items. Excessive accumulation of items, regardless of actual value, occurs.

Hoarding often creates such cramped living conditions that homes may be filled to capacity, with only narrow pathways winding through stacks of clutter. Some people also collect animals, keeping dozens or hundreds of pets in unsanitary conditions because they can't care for them properly.

Hoarding ranges from mild to severe. In some cases, hoarding may not have much impact on your life, while in other cases it seriously affects your functioning on a daily basis.

People with hoarding disorder often don't see it as a problem, making treatment challenging. But intensive treatment can help people with hoarding disorder understand their compulsions and live safer, more enjoyable lives.

It's not hoarding when it comes to wood and tools - it's collecting.

I don't know about Home Depot, but menards sells, maple, red oak, walnut, hickory, ash, poplar, and soft maple in random widths and lengths, of course it's all ridiculously over priced, and all but the random maple is shrink wrapped so I don't bother looking at it.